You must have administrator rights to access this feature.
This feature requires a Cartegraph OMS license.
In this example, we will create an automation that assigns a labor crew to a task.
NOTE: For this automation to work, you must place the labor crew field on the task setup and the laborers have to be within the labor crew.
- Click >Automation Manager.
- Click Create Automation.
- In the Search for Trigger screen, enter Task is created.
- Select Create or edit records after a task is created.
- Change the name of the automation to Labor Crew Assignments.
- Click the trigger to extend it.
- In the If field, select Labor Crew.
- In the Select Operator field, select Is Not Empty (Is Not Null).
- Drag the Loop Records block from the left side of the screen to the main workspace.
- In the extended trigger on the right side of the screen, change the title to Loop Labor.
- Change the Recordset to Labor.
- Set the first condition for the recordset to Labor Crew.
- Select Is from the next field.
- To the right of the next field, click and change it to .
- Select Labor Crew Trigger Record.
- Drag the Create Record block from the left panel into the workspace and nest it under the Loop Labor block.
- Name the block Create Assignment.
- Click on the Create Assignment block to activate it.
- In the right panel, change the title to Create Assignment.
- Change the Recordset to Task Assignment.
- For the Parent Record, select Task Record Trigger Record.
- In the Fields field, select Labor ID.
- Switch from to .
- Select ID Loop Labor.
- Activate the automation by sliding the switch to the on position.
- Click Save.
NOTE: You must Activate and Save an automation in order for it to run. If you have a partially completed automation you won't want it to run, so you can save it without activating it. Later, when you complete it, you should Activate and Save it.