You must have administrator rights to access this feature.
This feature may not be available in every package. Not sure if you have this feature or you want to learn more about it? Send us a message at email@example.com.
In this example, we will create an automation that sends an email to the sign crew when a Sign task is created by a sign supervisor.
- Click >Automation Manager.
- Click Create Automation.
- In the Search for trigger field, type Task created notification.
- Select Send a notification after a task is created.
- Select the trigger block to activate it.
- In the Properties panel, search for an asset type of Sign.
- In the Select Field field, select Asset Type.
- In the Select Operator field, select Is (=).
- In the last field, select Sign.
Now we will set up the email to be sent in the event the task was created by a sign supervisor.
- Drag the If condition block from the Blocks panel to the workspace.
- Click on the Condition block to activate it and access its properties.
- In the Properties panel, change the title to Created by sign supervisor.
- In the Select Field field, select Current Role.
- In the Select Operator field, select Is in.
- In the Select Role field, select Sign Supervisor.
- Drag the Send Email block from the Blocks panel to the workspace, nested within the Condition block.
- Click on the Send Email block to activate it and set its properties
- In the Properties panel, change the title to Send email to sign crew.
- In the Select Recipient field, select Sign Crew.
- In the Subject field, enter New Sign Task.
- In the Message field, type A new sign task was created.
- Select the following fields to include in the email: Task ID, Activity, and Priority.
Our automation is nearly complete. Keeping the default automation name can be done, but it is not suggested. To finalize the automation, we will give it a descriptive name, activate it, and save it.
- In the automation title field near the top of the screen, change the title to Send a notification to Sign Crew after a task is created by Sign Supervisor.
- Activate the automation by changing the switch to the on position.
- Click Save on the right side of the screen.
It is important to Activate and Save to make an automation run. If you have an incomplete automation that you don't want to run yet, you can save the incomplete automation without activating. Later, when you finish it, you should activate it and save it.