You must have administrator rights to access this feature.
This feature requires a Cartegraph OMS license.
In this example, we will create an automation that updates the Expires On date for all overtime labor rates.
- Click >Automation Manager.
- Click Create Automation.
- In the Search for trigger field, enter manual.
- Click Manually create or edit records in bulk.
Next we will set up the Loop Records block to retrieve Labor Rates with a Rate Name of Overtime.
- Drag the Loop Records block to the workspace.
- In the Title field, change the title to Overtime Labor Rates.
- In the Recordset field, select Labor Rate.
- In the Select Field field, select Rate Name.
- In the Select Operator field, select Is.
- In the last field, select Overtime.
Now we will set up the automation to update the Expires On field of each Overtime labor rate.
- Drag the Set Fields block into the workspace, nested under the Loop block.
- In the Properties panel, select Overtime Labor Rates as the Record Source.
- In the Expires On field, change the value type indicator to Default.
- Set the value to 12/31/2019.
Each record will need to be saved as part of the automation, so we will set that up.
- Drag the Save Record block to the workspace.
- Nest it in the Overtime Labor Rates block after the Set Expires On block.
To finalize the automation, it should be given a descriptive name, activated, and saved. Because this is a one-time automation, we will also run it right away.
- Near the top of the screen, change the title to Update Overtime Labor Rate Expires On Date.
- Activate the automation by turning the switch to the on position.
- Click Save.
NOTE: It's important to activate and save to make an automation run. If you have an incomplete automation that you don't want to run yet, you can save the incomplete automation without activating. Later, when you finish it, you should activate it and save it.
- Click Run Now.