This error message displays because you cannot save the task when a required field is not entered. The message tells you which field needs to be filled.
- If the message tells you that a field is required and not on the view, the field was removed using the Layout Manager. Have the System Administrator add that required field to the view.
The Cannot Add Task error message can also display as this when the Task is associated to another Work Order:
"<Task ID> is associated to another Work Order."
- By default the Work Order column does not display in the Task List view. This makes it difficult to see which tasks are already associated to a Work Order.
- Click .
- Select the Work Order check box.
- Close the Column Selector.
- Click and drag the Work Order column to the front of the Task List view.