After selecting the Feature Class Layer and the Cartegraph Recordset, field associations can be made in the Field Associations list. The left side of the list displays the Geodatabase Attributes and Domain/Subtypes available for the selected Feature Class Layer. The Geodatabase Attributes column shows the alias name, not the actual field name.
The right side of the list is where Cartegraph fields and libraries can be selected to associate to the corresponding attribute and domain.
- Associate the unique Geodatabase Attribute created while preparing the data for integration step with the unique Cartegraph Field, which is typically the ID field. This association is required to save the association.
- Associate the remaining Geodatabase Attributes with Cartegraph fields as desired, by selecting the appropriate Cartegraph Field.
OPTIONAL: Select attributes and fields to integrate carefully, to minimize synchronization conflicts. Generally, the ID and geometry are the most important. Create Cartegraph fields and libraries on-the-fly during integration. Refer to Cartegraph Help for more details.
Associate to an Existing Field in Cartegraph
- Select the geodatabase attribute.
- Select the Cartegraph field that associates with the geodatabase attribute.
- Click OK.
Associate an Attribute to a New Field in Cartegraph
The new fields must be added to layouts, reports, and filters before a Cartegraph user can view or change values.
- Select <New Field> in the Cartegraph Field list for the desired Geodatabase Attribute.
- If the New Field is pointing to a library, select the appropriate library from the Cartegraph Library field.
- When associating the feature class layer to a new Cartegraph library <New Unique ID> is available in the field and needs to be associated to the unique Geodatabase Attribute.
When the association is created, the Cartegraph database contains a new field with the same name as the geodata field. The new fields must be added to forms, reports, and filters before a Cartegraph user can view or change values.
Associate an Attribute to a New Cartegraph Library
Geodomains and subtypes are often connected to Cartegraph libraries. Any geodatabase field or attribute may be connected to a library.
- Select <New Field> in the Cartegraph Field in the row of the Geodatabase Attribute.
- Select <New Library> in the Cartegraph Library field.
When the association is created, the Cartegraph database contains a new field with the same name as the geodata field. A new library is given the same name as a domain or subtype, if any. The new fields must be added to layouts, reports and filters before a Cartegraph user can view or change values.