You must have administrator rights to access this feature.
Once Manage Servers contains server connections, the Association can be established. All Cartegraph users should be out of the system during this process.
- Make sure the GIS data satisfies the integration prerequisites.
- In ArcMap, combine or split features as necessary to prepare them for one-to-one linking with Cartegraph records.
- Open Cartegraph and click >GIS Integration.
- Click Create.
- Select the server from the Server Name field.
- Select the Feature Service.
- Select the Feature Class Layer.
- Select the Cartegraph Recordset.
Some of the Feature Services and Feature Class Layers may be invalid for selection. If the item is invalid, the reason is shown in parentheses and a message displays if that item is chosen.
The choice of recordset is limited to those whose geometry type matches the feature class. For example, polygon feature classes can integrate with polygon Cartegraph recordsets.
To associate the feature class to a new Cartegraph library select <New Library>. This library contains the new Cartegraph fields configured in the Field Associations list.
- After the Cartegraph Recordset is selected, additional properties display.
This integration is two-way as denoted by the Integration Type. This is not a setting, but a description of how the integration works. See About Geometric Networks for more information.
- Select Inactive if you want to inactivate this association. For more information on inactive associations, see the Cartegraph Help.
- In the Field Associations area, map the Geodatabase Attributes to the Cartegraph Asset fields.
The unique Geodatabase Attribute must be associated with the unique Cartegraph Field, which is typically the ID field. This field mapping is required to save the association. Cartegraph Locked Value fields are indicated by a lock icon. Locked fields in a two-way integration always have the Cartegraph value as the value of the record. Any GIS modifications to these associated fields will be overwritten with the Cartegraph value.
- Click Save.