You must have administrator rights to access this feature.
Cartegraph uses the World Geocode service from ArcGIS Online as the default service, with the option to use an alternative Esri locator service. This allows organizations to use a custom geolocation service that is specific to their community, ensuring a higher level of accuracy with geocode and reverse geocode operations.
The areas of the system using the geolocation functionality are:
- Address Search: In all cases a user performs an address search in Cartegraph, a geocode event is initiated and the appropriate geo-location service is called; World Geocode service from ArcGIS Online as the default or an Alternate Esri Locator service if the Cartegraph system is configured to do so.
- Creating a point Asset or Request: In those cases where a user is creating a point asset or request location, the location of the Asset or Request (pin position) will initiate a reverse geocode event to obtain the address of that location.
When using an alternative Esri locator, the city may be required in the Address Search in order to find the entered address.
Click here for the steps to Setup the Esri Locator.
The following fields are part of the locator setup:
The REST Service URL for the organization. The URL typically follow this format: https://<arcgis server address>/arcgis/rest/services/<locator service name/Geocode Server/
Reverse Geocode Distance
This value determines how far from a pin location the service will look to find a street segment with an address. This value is measured on the map meters, and should be entered in meters.
Address Search Tooltip
When a user searches for an address in Cartegraph, and if the address is found, the map is panned and zoomed to that address location; a pin is dropped on the map reflecting that address location, and a map tool tip pops up displaying the address, per the location service, of that pin location. These settings allow you to define what address items display in these map tips, and in what format and order. The user must populate these fields using the locator candidate fields which are returned from the location service and displayed in the bottom part of the geocode settings screen.
Example: If a user defined the following Address Search Tooltip with these candidate fields:
- Address Search Tooltip, Line 1 Format: FromAddr – ToAddr PreDir StreetName SufType
- Address Search Tooltip, Line 2 Format: City, State
The results are:
3600-3700 N. Digital Dr.
Locator Format Fields
These fields control two things:
- What locator candidate fields should be used to populate their corresponding locator fields on a record in Cartegraph.
- How the map tooltip displays on reverse geocode events; i.e. during the create process for assets and requests.
The same mapping process as used for the Tooltip definition fields should be followed here as well, filling in the appropriate candidate fields
A typical example: If a user defined the following Locator fields with these candidate fields:
- Locator Address Number Format: FromAddr – ToAddr
- Locator Street Format: StreetName
- Locator City Format: City
The results would be:
Locator Address Number: 3600-3700
Locator Street: Digital
Locator City: Dubuque
Esri geocode services present candidate fields that requests for geolocations can be made against.
These candidate fields vary by the locator template used, but the following are a list of typically used candidate fields: