You must have administrator rights to access this feature.
This functionality is found in the Import/Export's Format Editor.
The Run Properties for Import allows you to decide what the system does if it encounters an exception to the database rules.The default values for these properties are populated for each Format that is created.
CAUTION: Cartegraph recommends you leave these defaults as is unless otherwise directed by Cartegraph Technical Support.
When an error occurs:
- Save records without errors—Import records without errors and skip records with errors.
- Log errors and roll back all records—Adds errors to the log, but doesn’t save imported records. This is the default.
When a record exists: This is active only when Check for Duplicates is selected.
- Overwrite the data—When a record exists, update it with the incoming data. This is the default.
- Ignore the data source value—When a record exists, do not update it with the incoming data and do not error.
When an existing record is updated:
- Only overwrite when the data source contains a value—Use the imported value for existing records. If the import value is blank, do not replace the value in the existing record. This is the default.
- Use all data source values including records without values—Use import data for all fields in the existing record, even if they are blank.
When text is longer than the field size:
- Generate an import error—Create an import error. Action taken is controlled by the setting for When an error occurs. This is the default.
- Automatically truncate the incoming text—Delete excess text so that it fits in the field.
When a value is not in the lookup list:
- Automatically add the value—Create value in the lookup list. This is the default.
- Do not add the value, log an error—Create an import error using When an error occurs setting.
When a field is read-only:
- Generate an import error—Create an import error if the target field is read-only. Action taken is controlled by the setting for When an error occurs.
- Ignore data source value—Do not import a new value if the target field is read-only and no error is logged. This is the default.