This feature may not be available in every package. Not sure if you have this feature or you want to learn more about it? Send us a message at email@example.com.
Users with Manage Layers permission can edit and delete any saved layer. Click to open the Manage Layers dialog box. This permission is located under the Administration section of role security settings.
- Access Manage Layers by clicking the Manage Layers button next to the Add Layer menu. This button only displays for users with the appropriate permissions.
- Search by layer name, recordset name, and/or owner name to filter the list of layers. The Recordset menu also filters the list of layers by recordset.
- From the User and Role menu, select a role to see all layers shared to the role. Select a user to see all layers owned by the user, shared to the user, or shared to the user's role.
- Multiple items in the list can be selected by clicking the circle at the left, which is revealed when hovering over list items.
- Three actions can be performed on the layers in the list: Delete Layer, Manage Sharing, and Edit Filter.
- Two actions can be performed on multiple layers at once: Delete Selected Layers and Manage Sharing.
- Changes made affect layers available from the Add Layer menu. This does not have an effect on any layers that are already part of a user's Layer Panel.
Manage Layer Features
There are three options for managing each layer in the Manage Layers dialog box: Filter, Share, and Delete.
- This option is only available on individual layers.
- Opens the Advanced Filter dialog box, allowing the user to view, add, edit, or clear filters on a layer.
- End users view the filter as in the Layer panel.
- Remove existing users or add users or roles to the selected layers.
- Add users and roles by selecting them from the Add User or Role field.
- Remove users or roles from the shared to list by clicking .
- Click the Update button at the top of the dialog to finalize the changes and switch back to displaying the list of layers.
- Click the Cancel button to discard any changes and switch back to displaying the list of layers.
- When multiple layers are selected, users or roles shared to any of the selected layers will be displayed, including the number shared. Added users and roles will be added to all selected layers. Deleted users and roles will be deleted from all selected layers.
- Existing users and roles listed will have no change.
- Deletes the current layer or a selection of multiple layers.
- Confirmation buttons are shown when clicking the delete icon.