This feature requires a Cartegraph OMS license.
Role Administration allows you to create security roles, or a group of users with the same access to Cartegraph functionality.
Those roles are assigned security settings:
- Screen assignments
- Create, update, and delete security assignments
- Command permissions
- Global command permissions
Security settings are per role, not per user. By default, all users assigned to roles have access to all areas of the system except for the functions requiring opt-in security. The System Administrator removes and adds rights where appropriate.
All users should be signed out of Cartegraph when setting up Security or have all users sign out and sign in to get the latest security settings. Otherwise, users receive error messages trying to access functionality they previously had permission to use.
Role names have a minimum of two characters and a maximum of 25 characters.
User accounts can only be assigned to a single role.
Any users assigned to a role that does not have security for the List view:
- Do not have that Asset displayed in the Select Asset Type list on the Assets tab
- Do not have that asset available on the Asset Type list when converting a Non-Asset Task to an Asset Task
Any users assigned to a role that does not have security for the Detail view do not have that Asset displayed in the Create list on the Assets tab.
Cartegraph comes with these roles: Default Administrator, Default User, Default Power User, and Internal Request User, as well as a process to create your own:
- Default Administrator—all users have access to all areas of the system.
- Default Power User—all users have access to the system and the following in Administration:
- User Administration
- Error Log
- Geocode Settings
- GIS Integration
- Library Manager
- *Preventative Maintenance
- *Scenario Builder
- *Asset Condition Manager
- Manage Layers
- Default User—all users have full access to the system, except for the functions requiring opt-in security.
- Internal Request User—all users have access to the Internal Request feature.
- New role—create a role, and all users of that role have full access to the system except for the functions requiring opt-in security.
Changes made to security settings are immediate upon save. A user in the system, while changes are made to security settings on their Security Role, will be impacted when they next attempt a Create, Update, or Delete action on the recordset.