You must have administrator rights to access this feature.
This feature may not be available in every package. Not sure if you have this feature or you want to learn more about it? Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
This topic describes the steps needed to edit and import Scenario Activities data into Cartegraph. You must have:
- Administration rights to Cartegraph
- Security permissions to create and update the records being imported
- Security permissions to use Import/Export
- Familiarity with standard Cartegraph import processes
- Created and run a Scenario that produced records in the Scenario Activities list
Export and Edit Scenario Activities
- In the Scenario, click Actions>Export Activities with Asset Attributes.
- Open the downloaded CSV file.
- Edit the Plan Year and/or Activity fields for any records desired.
- For any edits made, set the Locked column to Yes for that row. (Refer to Locked Scenario Activities for more information.)
- Verify the CSV minimally contains the following fields:
- Parent OID
- Plan Year
- Save the file.
Import Updated Scenario Activities
- Click >Import/Export to setup the Scenario/Activity List Format File located under the Libraries category.
- Under the Basic Properties section, select the Set Include Field Names check box.
- Under the Run Properties section, set When an existing record is updated to Use all values from the data source including records without values. This allows for clearing out an Activity for an asset.
- Under the Run Properties section, set When a value is not in the lookup list to Do not add the value, log as an error. This is to prevent new activities from being created.
- Set When a field is read-only to Ignore data source value. (This is the default setting.)
- Verify the format minimally contains the following fields:
- CgId (Set this as Check for Duplicate Record); this is the OID column in the downloaded CSV
- Parent CgId; this is the Parent OID column in the downloaded CSV
- Plan Year
- Run the Import
When an import of Scenario Activities is run, the following updates are applied:
- Each updated Scenario Activity has the following fields blanked out:
- Activity Cost
- Budget Category
- Cost Per Impact
- Estimated OCI After Activity
- Estimated OCI Before Activity
- Projected Date
- The Scenario status changes to Activities Updated, and the scenario is ready to rerun.
- Run the Scenario, and the Locked activities are used to calculate the results.