You must have administrator rights to access this feature.
This feature may not be available in every package. Not sure if you have this feature or you want to learn more about it? Send us a message at email@example.com.
Try the editing scenario activities the fastest and easiest way, on the Map tab in the scenario's detail view.
This topic describes the steps needed to edit and import scenario activities data into Cartegraph. You must have:
- Administration rights to Cartegraph
- Security permissions to create and update the records being imported
- Security permissions to use import/export
- Familiarity with standard Cartegraph import processes
- Created and run a Scenario that produced records in the Scenario Activities list
Export and Edit Scenario Activities
- Go to the Activities section and set the columns you want to include in the CSV file for editing. For example, if you use any of the Activity Sequences with Deferred Cost, you will want to include the Recommended Activity, Deferred Activity, Deferred Unit Cost, Deferred Cost, and Years Remaining columns.
- In the scenario, click Actions>Export Activities with Asset Attributes.
- Open the downloaded CSV file.
- Edit the Plan Year and/or Activity fields for any records desired.
- For any edits made, set the Locked column to Yes for that row. (Refer to Locked Scenario Activities for more information.)
- Verify the CSV minimally contains the following fields:
- Parent OID
- Plan Year
- Save the file.
Import Updated Scenario Activities
- Click >Import/Export to set up the Scenarios/Activity List Format File.
- Click the Format Editor tab.
- For the Category list filter, select Libraries.
- For the Type list filter, select Scenarios/Activity List.
- For the Format list filter, select *Create.
- Enter the Format Name and click Save.
- Under the Basic Properties section, select the Set Include Field Names check box.
- Under the Run Properties section, set When an existing record is updated to Use all values from the data source including records without values. This allows for clearing out an activity for an asset.
- Under the Run Properties section, set When a value is not in the lookup list to Do not add the value, log as an error. This is to prevent new activities from being created.
- Set When a field is read-only to Ignore data source value. (This is the default setting.)
- Verify the format minimally contains the following fields:
- CgId (Set this as Check for Duplicate Record); this is the OID column in the downloaded CSV
- Parent CgId; this is the Parent OID column in the downloaded CSV
- Plan Year
- Run the Import.
When an import of Scenario Activities is run, the following updates are applied:
- Each updated scenario activity has the following fields blanked out:
- Activity Cost
- Budget Category
- Cost Per Impact
- Estimated OCI After Activity
- Estimated OCI Before Activity
- Projected Date
- The scenario status changes to Activities Updated, and the scenario is ready to rerun.
- Run the scenario, and the locked activities are used to calculate the results.