You must have administrator rights to access this feature.
You must have a Cartegraph OMS advanced feature extension to access this feature.
When an asset has multiple activities which qualify in a single year, those activities are sorted based on the selection criteria identified below. If activities have the same key value-the same cost when using the Lowest Cost option-they sub sort alphabetically by activity name. For example, a key value is the same cost when using the Lowest Cost option. If the first activity in the list does not meet scenario type constraints, like budget, the next activity is checked until one or no activity is performed on the asset before moving on to the next asset.
- What it Does: The activity with the earliest Projected Date in the plan year is chosen.
- Intended Use: Perform whichever activity should occur first. For every asset included in the plan year, this performs the earliest recommended activity in that plan year.
- What is Impact? The difference between an asset's OCI before an activity is performed against the OCI of the asset after the activity is performed.
- What it Does: Out of all suggested activities for an asset in the given plan year, the activity with the highest Impact of the asset's OCI is chosen. If activity impact cannot be calculated (null), the activity is not selected unless no other options exist for that asset.
- Intended Use: This method of recommendation would have the greatest impact on all assets and overall network OCI.
- What is Cost Per Impact? The Activity Cost divided by the activity's Impact. Identifies the cost for the increase in asset condition.
- What it Does: The activity with the lowest Cost Per Impact is selected. Every activity suggested to be performed for a given asset in a plan year has its cost per impact determined. If the Cost Per Impact cannot be calculated (null), the activity is not be selected unless no other options exist for that asset.
- Intended Use: This method gives you the biggest bang for your buck providing a balance between cost and impact.
- What it Does: The activity with the lowest Activity Cost is selected. If the activity cost calculates to zero, the activityi s as the lowest cost option. If the activity cost cannot be calculated (null), the activity is not selected unless no other options exist for that asset.
- Intended Use: This method of recommendation would result in the lowest budget consumption per plan year.