You must have administrator rights to access this feature.
This feature may not be available in every package. Not sure if you have this feature or you want to learn more about it? Send us a message at email@example.com.
The city would like to add an emergency contact name of someone in the Maintenance Department for each piece of equipment that the city owns. The System Administrator is adding a new field to the Equipment recordset called Emergency Contact. This field is a lookup to a new library called Maintenance Emergency Contact.
- Click >Structure Manager.
- Locate and select the Equipment recordset.
- Click Create>Field.
- Select the Field Type of Lookup and click Done.
- In the General section, enter Field Name as Emergency Contact. The ID and Column Name automatically populate from Field Name.
- In the Lookup Source section, click Select Lookup.
- The Maintenance Emergency Contact library does not currently exist; click Create Library.
- Enter Maintenance Emergency Contact as the library name and click Add Name.
- Click Done.
- The Lookup Source Target selection closes and the Lookup Recordset and Unique Field are populated based on your field creation screen.
The new library, Maintenance Emergency Contact, is added to Cartegraph with a unique and required field called Emergency Contact.
- Click Save
- Click Publish.
The Emergency Contact lookup field in the Equipment recordset is added to Cartegraph. Add the emergency contact information to the Maintenance Emergency Contact library using Library Manager. The library data is available from the Equipment recordset.