You must have administrator rights to access this feature.
This feature may not be available in every package. Not sure if you have this feature or you want to learn more about it? Send us a message at email@example.com
In this example we are setting up a multi-column lookup for the Signs recordset and editing the Owner library referenced by Signs. The goal is to be able to search on any part of a phrase.
For example, an organization's list of towns in their Owner library all begin with Town of. Using a multi-column list allows you to enter Del or Nor for Town of Delaware or Town of Northridge.
- Click >Structure Manager.
- Create the Owner library.
- Add the Nickname field to the Owner library, as a text field without validation.
The Nickname field is the value searched. Based on our example, the Nicknames are Delaware and Northridge. This allows you to enter Del or Nor, match on the nickname, and auto-populate the Owner field with the value in the Owner column.
- Click Publish.
- When the Publish completes, click >Layout Manager.
- Select Libraries.
- Select Owner.
- Select Lookup View.
- Select New.
- Enter Owner as the View Name and click Save.
- Click and select the fields you want in the lookup view, Owner and Nickname.
- Click Save
- Click Role Administration.
- Select the roles you want to have access to this multi-column lookup view.
- Click Save,
When someone that belongs to the specified role, the Owner multi-column lookup displays.