This feature requires a Cartegraph OMS license.
- A field is the smallest bit of information in your database. It contains one piece of information in a record. For example, Entry Date, ID, Cost, or Street.
- Add fields to your database to track information unique to your organization. Update properties of existing fields to match your data needs.
- Fields are added using Structure Manager.
- There are rules which prevent a field from being removed from the database.
- Fields marked with the System property cannot be deleted from the database.
- A field cannot be removed if it is the target of a lookup. The lookup field need to be removed before the field can be removed. For example, the City field in the Cities library is referenced from many asset recordsets. You cannot delete the City field in the Cities library unless all lookup references are removed first.
- A field cannot be removed if it is a lookup field associated to a relationship between recordsets. The relationship needs to be removed before the lookup field can be removed. For example, Facility Lighting has a Facility field which references the Facilities recordset. This lookup field is used to share Facility Lighting under Facilities. A relationship exists between Facilities and Facilities lighting. Before the Facility field on the Facility Lighting could be deleted, the shared recordset of Facility Lighting under Facilities would need to be removed first.