Cartegraph uses in-session persistence to remember the view display as you navigate around the system, so when you return to a view it is the same as when you left it, as long as you are signed in. If you sign out and sign in the persistence from the previous session goes away. For example, on the Sign Asset Detail view and navigate to the Resources tab, when you click on the Assets tab you are brought back to the same Sign Detail view you navigated away from.
Double-click on the view’s tab to clear the persistence and return to the default display.
Cross-session persistence is when your display persists when you sign out and sign back in to Cartegraph. For example:
- Analytics dashboard arrangement
- added layers in layer panel
- unsaved changes to layers in layer panel
- favorite layers
- list view column selections
- time sheet display
- map view zoom and location
- map filter button
- Detail view selected records
- Sign In dialog box remembers your name
- selected tab (Requests, Work, etc.)
NOTE: Persistence does not apply to Resource Entry or the collapsed state of the map warning, "Some records are not displayed on the map."
NOTE: When the Asset List view has more than one Asset type the sort order, column order, and column widths persist where ever that Asset list displays in the system:
- Asset List view
- Components Detail view
- Editing Asset Connections dialog box
- Non Location Asset Connections dialog box
If you make a change in one of these areas, the change persists to all the others.
There are two exceptions:
- If you make a change while in the Editing Asset Connection dialog box, when you return to the Components tab, your change is not immediately reflected. Do a browser refresh or go to the Asset List view and return to the Components screen, and the change displays.
- If you make a change while in the Non Location Asset Connection dialog box, when you return to the Editing Asset Connections dialog box, your change is not immediately reflected. Also, when you close the Editing Asset Connections dialog box to return to the Components tab, it is not reflected either. Once you do a browser refresh or go to the Asset List view and return to the Components tab, the change displays. You cannot do a browser refresh when in the Editing Asset Connections dialog box because you are in edit mode. A refresh takes you out of the dialog box.