Cartegraph uses in-session persistence to remember the view display as you navigate around the system, so when you return to a view it is the same as when you left it, as long as you are signed in. If you sign out and sign in the persistence from the previous session goes away. For example, on the Sign Asset Detail view and navigate to the Resources tab, when you click on the Assets tab you are brought back to the same Sign Detail view you navigated away from.
Double-click on the view’s tab to clear the persistence and return to the default display.
Cross-session persistence is what occurs when your display does not change when you sign out and sign back into Cartegraph. For example:
- Analytics dashboard arrangement
- added layers in the layer panel
- unsaved changes to layers in the layer panel
- favorite layers
- list view column selections
- time sheet display
- map view zoom and location
- map filter button
- Detail view selected records
- Sign In dialog box remembers your name
- selected tab (Requests, Work, etc.)
Persistence does not apply to Resource Entry or the collapsed state of the map-warning message, "Some records are not displayed on the map."
When the Asset List view has more than one Asset type the sort order, column order, and column widths persist where ever that Asset list displays in the system:
- Asset List view
- Components Detail view
- Editing Asset Connections dialog box
- Non Location Asset Connections dialog box
If you make a change in one of these areas, the change persists to all the others.
- If you make a change while in the Editing Asset Connection dialog box when you return to the Components tab, your change is not immediately reflected. Do a browser refresh or go to the Asset List view and return to the Components screen, and the change displays.
- If you make a change while in the Non-Location Asset Connection dialog box when you return to the Editing Asset Connections dialog box, your change is not immediately reflected. Also, when you close the Editing Asset Connections dialog box to return to the Components tab, it is not reflected either. Once you do a browser refresh or go to the Asset List view and return to the Components tab, the change displays. You cannot do a browser refresh when in the Editing Asset Connections dialog box because you are in edit mode. A refresh takes you out of the dialog box.
Scenario Builder now features persistence for a number of commonly used features in the scenario map.
- Outline option state
- Highlight option state
- OCI option state
- Plan Year or Activity mode
- Switching between the Details, Results, and Map tabs maintain persisted items.
- Navigating away from the scenario and returning with the back buttons maintains persisted items.
- Navigating away from the scenario and returning by forwarding navigation does not maintain persisted items.
- Reloading the page manually by pressing the F5 key does not maintain persisted items.
- When the user selects a year in Plan Year mode, the year is saved until the user changes the plan year.
- When the user selects an activity in Activity mode, the selected activity is saved until the user changes the activity.
- Selected Assets on the map are saved .
- The type of Selection tool the user selects from the toolbar stays selected.
In-Session Persistence When Navigating Back
- Asset details: Tab and scroll position
- Task details: Tab and scroll position
- List view with map: Task list and open options
- Section headers: Expanded or collapsed state
- Tab selection
- Scroll position on page