- From the Home screen, click Create a Gadget.
- Select a gadget type.
- Select a recordset.
Click to filter the selected recordset to only the records you want to visualize.
If there is a Record Filter set up by your administrator for your role, those records will automatically be filtered out.
- In the Group By section, select a field.
When creating a Bar or Column chart, you can select zero, one, or two Group By fields.
- Enter a chart title.
- Click Preview to review the gadget as it is built.
- For list gadgets, the preview is shown automatically as the gadget is built.
- Bar, column, and pie charts have additional fields:
- Select a color for your data by clicking the colored dot to the right of the Group By field.
- Select a field to measure by. In the Sharing section, select roles and users to share the gadget with.
- For Bar or Column charts with zero or one Group By field, you can select more than one measure by field.
- Select the option to display the gadget on the dashboard.
If a title is not entered, a title based on the recordset and fields is added.
- Click Complete.
The gadget displays in the Gadget Library.