You must have administrator rights to access this feature.
- Click >Asset Administration.
- Click Set System Access. To make changes, the system status must be Locked for Maintenance.
- Click Select Available Assets and select one of the three options based on the asset's shape type—point, linear, or polygon.
- Enter a valid Singular and Plural Name.
- Cannot be more than 20 characters
- Cannot start with a cg
- Cannot start with a sys
- Must start with a letter
- Cannot contain characters other than letters, numbers, spaces, and underscores
- Cannot be the same plural name or singular name as a shipped asset Cannot be a reserved word
- Must be a unique singular and plural name among existing top-level object. For example, Asset, Libraries, Resources, Work, or Requests.
- Click Install to add the asset to the database.
- Click OK. Before confirming the installation make sure that:
- All users are logged out of the system
- All background apps are stopped so that they are not running and will not start running soon
- No integrations are running
- One of three things happens when the process completes:
- If the format completes successfully, the page refreshes after you click OK.
- If the format completes with errors, no changes are committed to the database. If the process had gotten to a step that made changes to the database, a backup created during this process is used to restore the database, leaving it in a state with no changes in it from the install process.
- If the format completes with warnings, consult the log to manually complete whatever Project Home steps failed.
When formatting for an app the Security Assignments and Command Permissions for all custom roles will default to not allowed. Update roles and set appropriately.
The asset is available in the system and ready to have permissions assigned against and library data applied.