A container is an asset that has component relationships established to other assets so that the cost and condition of the grouping of assets can be reflected as a complete unit. A summary of your container asset total cost, Container Condition Index (CCI), total assets, total tasks, and total requests can be found on the Summary tab of the container asset's Detail view.
Metrics regarding the container asset, associated requests and tasks, and its contained assets are on the Summary tab in the container asset's Detail view. The Summary tab is divided into four tabs, each displaying different metrics.
Tasks and Total Container Costs
The total container cost is the sum of the containers own Task costs, plus the total costs of all its component's tasks that were applied while connected to the container. The Task view displays the tasks that make up the Tasks count and the Total Container Costs value.
When viewing the Task list, you need to understand the criteria for determining which tasks to list. All tasks for the container asset always display unless they were deleted. The Asset column in the List view identifies the asset type and asset ID the task corresponds to.
The general rule for listing tasks in the List view is that it includes all tasks for the container and its current component assets, except:
- If a component asset had tasks before it was attached to the container, those tasks are not listed with the current container.
- If a task for a component asset was created while attached to the container asset and then the component asset was removed from the container, the task remains in the Task list for the container the asset was attached to when the task was created.
- If a task is deleted, the task and associated costs are removed from the container task count and container total costs value.
For ease of viewing, filter the Task list by Task Status using the check boxes above the list. Enter Resources for a task, or view the detail of each task in the list. You can also go to the asset associated to the task.
The list also allows you to export its contents and select which columns to display. By default, the list displays the same columns as on the Asset Detail tab. Once changed, the column selections in the list remain until the user's persistence is reset.
If you click the Summary button on the Map and List views for a container asset, the Container Detail tab displays with the same fields on the Container asset's Summary.
The Asset Summary button is found on the:
- Asset List view
- Components tab of the container asset's Detail view
- Editing Asset Connections screen