Based on the relationships created in your system, an asset type may be defined as a component of one asset type and as a linked asset to another asset type.
In this example, Electrical Generator 198 is created and added as a component to Facility 509. Electrical Generators are also linked to Signs. Electrical Generator 198 is linked to Sign 320. Electrical Generators were established as a component to Facility and a linked asset to Signs in Structure Manager.
- Click the Assets tab.
- In the List view, select Facility 509 and click View.
- Click the Component tab.
- From the Breadcrumb bar, click Create and select Electrical Generator.
NOTE: When creating an asset from the Components tab, the Create menu is filtered down to only the assets that can be connected to the container, in this case, the Facility.
- Add the Electrical Generator location and click Next.
NOTE: The location of the container asset, Facility 509, displays in the map to assist in placement of the location of Electrical Generator 198.
- From the Creating Linked Assets screen, link to Sign 320 by selecting the asset in the map and selecting the Link Asset icon and click Next.
- Add details for the Electrical Generator. Set the Electrical Generator ID as 198.
- Click Finish & Save.
The Electrical Generator 198 now displays as a component of Facility 509 and as a linked asset with Sign 320.