Cartegraph allows you to attach many file types to any record or inspection. The attachments can provide more detail about Requests, Work Order, Task, Assets, Labor, Equipment, Material, Material Location, and Vendor records.
- Attachments can be uploaded or linked.
- The maximum file size for attachments is 30 MB. Use the link option for files larger than 30 MB.
- For mobile apps, attachments can be added from a device's library or by using the camera.
- More than one file can be attached to a record.
- After the file is linked or uploaded the file name becomes a hyperlink. Click the hyperlink and a new tab opens with the file.
- Filter a parent record using the attached file name.
- Image attachments automatically create a thumbnail file that is stored in the Project Home with the cgthumb extension.
- Examples of valid attachment file types are pictures, documents, multimedia files, and websites.
- The valid file types are:
- Pictures (*.gif;*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.png, *.bmp)
- HTML (*.htm;*.html)
- Videos (*.wma;*.avi;*.mov;*.mpeg, *.mp4)
- Adobe PDF Files (*.pdf)
- Documents (*.doc; *.docx)
- Excel Files (*.xls; *.xlsx)
- Drawing (*.dwg; *.dgn; *.dwf)
- Text Files (*.txt; *.rtf)
- Audio Files (*.aac; *.mp3; *.wav; *.wma)
The following is true for files attached using Link:
- Cannot be used as the primary avatar.
- Link must begin with http:// or https:// or ftp://.
- Links cannot be a local or UNC path.
- The avatar is the generic avatar for Linked attachments.
The following is true for files attached using Upload:
- Click Cancel Upload to cancel the upload process and the record is not attached to the record.
- Primary attached files display on reports.
- The default storage location for uploaded attachments is the Project Home attachments folder for each asset type, request, resource, task, and work order.
- The Project Home location must be available to the Web server for two-tier setup or the Application server for three-tier setup.
- The database stores a variable of the path and file name.
- The maximum uploaded file size allowed is 30 MB.
- When you delete a record, all uploaded attachments and thumbnails associated with it are removed from the Project Home.
- If you want to use the same file for different records, the file saves with _# added at the end of the file name.
- If the file name exists, _# is added at the end of the file name.
- A thumbnail file is created for image files when they are uploaded.
- Inspections do not have primary attachments.
# represents an incremental number. For example, Water Hydrant Main Street_2.