Use Cartegraph One to collect assets, maintain them, and track associated costs. The program enables simple, fast, and effective asset management on iOS or Android smartphones. Wherever the day takes you, you’ll have all the tools and resources you need to complete tasks accurately and on time.
Cartegraph One is available with Cartegraph OMS and is free to download. For more information, call 800.688.2656.
- Use innovative image capture technology to shorten your asset collection time
- Quickly collect assets and build an accurate asset inventory
- Create tasks to inspect, repair, or maintain your infrastructure assets
- Complete tasks on the go, marking them complete in real-time
- Enter time, equipment, materials, and other resources used to complete the task
- View tasks and assets on an Esri map; only see the tasks that are assigned to you
- Tap on any task on the map to view task details, including associated assets
- Perform inspections, including advanced inspections, Ra for signs, and appraisals for trees
- Attach images to assets and tasks, selecting an image to display
- Create point, line, and polygon assets; edit asset and task locations directly on your map
- Create tasks for Assets and/or Non-Assets; sort tasks by Priority, Date, or Proximity
Browse the Cartegraph One entries to learn more.
- Android version 6 to 10
- iOS 11, 12, or 13
- RAM: 2 GB is the minimum and 4 GB are recommended
- Devices set up with cellular and internet connectivity
- Active iTunes account (iOS) or Play Store account (Android) for the initial download and subsequent updates
- GPS enabled device
- Location permissions enabled
Install Cartegraph One
The Cartegraph One app is available for both Android and iOS smartphones and tablets. Before the app is installed, verify all Cartegraph One app users have a Cartegraph User Account with an associated Labor record.
- Download the app from the Apple app store for iPhones or Play Store for Android phones.
- The first time you open the app, enter the Server URL. For example, https://myserver.cartegraph.com/cartegraph.
- Enter your Cartegraph User Name and Password and tap Sign In.
If available, use your ArcGIS Identity. Esri Viewer named user licenses are supported.
- Custom basemaps and two Esri community basemaps are available for customers without an ArcGIS identity.
- Customers with an ArcGIS identity have access to the same maps they do in ArcGIS Online, as well as about a dozen Esri community maps. This is limited to 200 maps.
- When the Esri default basemaps are not on the list of available maps for users, Cartegraph One will function the same as our web browser application; the user will be presented with the first map in the list instead.
- The selected map displays the location of tasks and assets.
- The map displays records based on the Cartegraph Layers that are turned on.
View the work assigned to the signed-in user on the Tasks list:
- Status must be Planned or In Progress
- Task assignment for the Labor record associated with the signed-in user, or there must be one or more Labor Logs for the Task for the Labor record associated to the signed-in user
- From the map, tap . Tap on the task in the list to see its details.
Sort the list:
- Date-Start Date oldest to newest
- Priority-Highest to lowest
- Proximity-Closest to farthest based on the current location
Refresh the Task list by pulling down on the list and releasing.
The Cartegraph One mobile app allows you to upload and view attachments for any record.
These attachments can provide more detail about the records they are associated with.
- More than one file can be attached to a record.
- The first picture being attached becomes the primary attachment.
- Valid attachment types are limited to pictures.
- The valid file types are *.gif;*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.png, and *.bmp.
- Linked Attachments from Cartegraph are not supported.
The Cartegraph One menu contains the following commands:
The Cartegraph One settings from the settings screen inside the app are accessible from the menu as well as the gear icon on the sign in screen. The settings are listed below with notes.
- Show Capture Intro: This is on by default. To view the on-boarding tutorial for how to use the Capture feature, leave this setting on.
- Offline Map: This option indicates whether the map needs to be downloaded or updated. Tap the button to download or update the map to use while offline. Review the Last Updated date to determine if you need to update the map. The button reads Download if offline hasn't ever been used successfully.
- Server URL: This connects the app with the Cartegraph server. Changing this web address incorrectly causes the app to be disconnected from the Cartegraph server.
- Version: This information may be used when working with Cartegraph Technical Support. This is a read-only field.
Signs you out of Cartegraph One and takes you back to the Sign In screen.
- Actions are available from the list view by swiping a record. For a Task, swipe left to add resources or swipe right to complete the task. For an Asset, swipe left to add a task.
- Fields through a lookup are displayed on detail views. The Detail View layout must include the lookup field as well as the desired fields through a lookup. Regardless of where the fields display on the layout, they are grouped under the lookup field on the Cartegraph One screen. Attachment fields through a Lookup are not supported.
- Provides the ability to use additional basemaps and web maps:
- From the select Layers screen, tap Maps and select a map to use, tap Back after making your selection; the map is persisted throughout the application.
- The list of available maps will match the list of maps available to the user from the browser application.
- Cartegraph One allows you to interact with the content of a web map, access Esri tool tips.
- Cartegraph One honors the zoom levels defined by the map.
- Vector maps are not supported.
- Provides the ability to view and edit task assignments
- The Assigned To field is available when viewing a task or creating a task; tap the field to view and edit assignments.
- Select a labor crew or laborer; search by name to add an assignment; or clear the laborer's checkbox to remove assignments.
- The names of currently assigned laborers display at the top of the Assigned Labor screen. Tap a name to easily select the laborer and clear the checkbox to remove them from the task.
- Tap Back after editing assignments, and tap Save to save your changes.
App Settings and Permissions
The Cartegraph One settings and permissions from the operating system's app settings/permissions screens are listed below with their Cartegraph recommended defaults and notes.
The following settings are on by default:
- Location: This is required to use the app.
- Camera: This allows the use of the device's camera for the Capture feature and for capturing photo attachments.
- Storage (Android): This allows the use of the device's camera for the Capture feature and for capturing photo attachments.