Hundreds of organizations use Cartegraph to improve the lives of more than 35 million citizens. With Cartegraph One, our easy-to-use operations management app, you have the power to collect assets, complete work, and track costs—all in real-time, right from the field.
- Use innovative image capture technology to expedite your asset collection
- Quickly collect assets and build an accurate asset inventory
- Create tasks to inspect, repair, or maintain your infrastructure assets
- Create requests for information or work to be performed.
- Complete tasks on-the-go, marking them complete in real-time
- Enter time, equipment, materials, and other resources used to complete the task
- Adjust the layers to see only the records you need
- View tasks, requests, and assets on an Esri basemap
- Tap on any task, request, or asset on the map to view details
- Perform inspections on any of your assets
- Attach images, videos, pdfs, and more to assets, requests, and tasks
- Create point, line, and polygon assets.
- Edit asset, requests, and task locations directly on your map
- Create tasks for assets and/or non-assets.
- Sort tasks and requests by priority, date, or proximity
- Collect data faster and more accurately with bar code scanning.
- Work from anywhere with offline support.
Browse the Cartegraph One entries to learn more.
- Android version 7 to 10
- iOS 13+ or iOS 14
- RAM: 2 GB minimum and 4 GB recommended
- Devices set up with cellular and internet connectivity
- Active iTunes account (iOS) or Play Store account (Android) for the initial download and subsequent updates
- GPS enabled device (recommended)
- The device time zone should match the OMS instance you are connected to
- Device must be at least 320px wide on its shortest side to support Portrait mode
- Device must be at least 640px wide and 640px tall to support Landscape mode
Cartegraph recommends using the most current devices, and for tablets iPad Pro.
- Mini fourth generation, model numbers A1538 and A1550
- Mini fifth generation, model numbers A2133, A2124, and A2125
- iPad fifth generation, model numbers A1822 and A1823
- iPad sixth generation, model numbers A1893 and A1954
- Air, third generation, model numbers A2152, A2123, A2153, and A2154
- Air 2, model numbers A1566 and A1567
- Pro first generation, model numbers A1584, A1652, A1673, A1674, and A1675
- Pro second generation, model numbers A1670, A1671, A1821, A1701, A1709, and A1852
- Pro third generation, model numbers A1980, A2013, A1934, A1979, A1876, and A1983
- Android 7.0+-9.x requires the latest version of the Google Chrome app found in the Google Play Store
- Android 10.0+ requires the latest version of the Android System WebView app found in the Google Play Store.
- Recommended Android Tablet: Galaxy Tab 4 10.5 Cellular or a tablet that can receive Android 9 Pie.
- Amazon tablets or Android devices without Google Play are not supported.
- Samsung Exynos7 Quad 7570 or higher
- Processors: Qualcomm Snapdragon:
- Model 430 line or higher
- Model 650 line or higher
- Model 710 or higher
- Model 820 or higher
External GPS Receiver
These are the devices Cartegraph supports:
- Leica: Zeno GG04 plus with processor board firmware version 1.0.20 or later
- Eos: Arrow Lite, Arrow 100, Arrow 200, Arrow Gold with firmware version 2.02251 or later.
Both Leica and Eos provide an app to configure all the settings related to the high precision receiver. The Leica or Eos app needs to be installed on the same device where Cartegraph One is installed.
Install Cartegraph One
The Cartegraph One app is available for both Android and iOS smartphones and tablets. Before the app is installed, verify all Cartegraph One app users have a Cartegraph User Account with an associated Labor record.
- Download the app from the Apple app store for iPhones or Play Store for Android phones.
- The first time you open the app, enter the Server URL. For example, https://myserver.cartegraph.com/cartegraph.
- Enter your Cartegraph User Name and Password and tap Sign In.
If available, use your ArcGIS Identity. Esri Viewer named user licenses are supported.
- Custom basemaps and two Esri community basemaps are available for customers without an ArcGIS identity.
- Customers with an ArcGIS identity have access to the same maps they do in ArcGIS Online, as well as about a dozen Esri community maps. This is limited to 200 maps.
- When the Esri default basemaps are not on the list of available maps for users, Cartegraph One will function the same as our web browser application; the user will be presented with the first map in the list instead.
- The selected map displays the location of tasks and assets.
- The map displays records (tasks, requests, or assets) based on the Cartegraph Layers that are turned on.
- Address and location search follow the Geocode Settings in Cartegraph OMS.
View the work assigned to the signed-in user on the Tasks list:
- Status must be Planned or In Progress
- Task assignment for the Labor record associated with the signed-in user, or there must be one or more Labor Logs for the Task for the Labor record associated to the signed-in user
- From the map, tap . Tap on the task in the list to see its details.
Sort the list:
- Date-Start Date oldest to newest
- Priority-Highest to lowest
- Proximity-Closest to farthest based on the current location
Refresh the Task list by pulling down on the list and release.
The Request list displays the requests related to the work that is most important to you in the Cartegraph One app.
- Tap to view the task list, and then select Tasks>Requests.
- The Request list only shows requests associated with the layers you currently have active, if you have the right permissions.
- To refresh the records, pull down on the list and release it.
- The Request list can be sorted by the following:
- Date: Start Date, oldest to newest.
- Priority: Highest to lowest.
- Proximity: Closest to farthest based on current location.
- Tap on the header to select the sort.
- Tap on the screen outside of the sort selection to cancel the sort.
Quickly locate request, task, asset, and equipment records. Any field on a record is searched and reported back in the search results list. The search is available on the Map screen and on the Tasks and Requests lists menu. and from the using these search term tips:
- Enter a few numbers of an ID to see a List records starting with those numbers.
- Enter key words like; pothole, sign, inspect task, and truck.
- Scan a bar code for the task, asset, request, or equipment record.
- After you've entered the search terms, tap Enter.
- Tap More next to the record to view some record details to help you determine if this is the record you need.
- Tap Less next to the record to hide the details.
- Tap an item in the search results to go to that record.
The Cartegraph One mobile app allows you to add and view attachments.
These attachments can provide more detail about the records they are associated with.
- More than one file can be attached to a record.
- The first picture file attached becomes the primary attachment.
- The most recently added files are at the begriming of the attachment display.
The Cartegraph One menu contains the following commands:
The Cartegraph One settings from the settings screen inside the app are accessible from the menu as well as the gear icon on the sign in screen. The settings are listed below with notes.
- Show Capture Intro: This is on by default. To view the on-boarding tutorial for how to use the Capture feature, leave this setting on.
- Show Nearby Request Warning: This is on by default. Turn this setting on to be notified when a similar request is nearby. This prevents the creation of duplicate requests.
- Offline Map: This option indicates whether the map needs to be downloaded or updated. Tap the button to download or update the map to use while offline. Review the Last Updated date to determine if you need to update the map. The button reads Download if offline has never been used successfully.
- Server URL: This connects the app with the Cartegraph server. Changing this web address incorrectly causes the app to be disconnected from the Cartegraph server.
- Version: This information may be used when working with Cartegraph Technical Support. This is a read-only field.
Signs you out of Cartegraph One and takes you back to the Sign In screen.
An option to turn the Online mode on or off. When this option is turn off, you are working in Offline mode.
- Actions are available from the list view by swiping a record. For a Task, swipe left to add resources or swipe right to complete the task. For an Asset, swipe left to add a task. For a Request, swipe left to add a requester.
- Fields through a lookup are displayed on detail views. The Detail View layout must include the lookup field as well as the desired fields through a lookup. Regardless of where the fields display on the layout, they are grouped under the lookup field on the Cartegraph One screen. Attachment fields through a Lookup are not supported.
- Provides the ability to use additional basemaps and web maps:
- From the Maps screen, tap Maps and select a map to use, tap Back after making your selection; the map is persisted throughout the application.
- The list of available maps will match the list of maps available to the user from the browser application.
- Cartegraph One allows you to interact with the content of a web map, access Esri tool tips.
- Cartegraph One honors the zoom levels defined by the map.
- Vector maps are not supported.
- Provides the ability to view and edit task assignments
- The Assigned To field is available when viewing a task or creating a task; tap the field to view and edit assignments.
- Select a labor crew or laborer; search by name to add an assignment, or clear the laborer's checkbox to remove assignments.
- The names of currently assigned laborers display at the top of the Assigned Labor screen. Tap a name to easily select the laborer and clear the checkbox to remove them from the task.
- Tap Back after editing assignments, and tap Save to save your changes.
- Provides the ability to view, edit, and create requests.
- Use a keyboard with a tablet when in landscape mode.
App Settings and Permissions
The Cartegraph One settings and permissions from the operating system's app settings/permissions screens are listed below with their Cartegraph recommended defaults and notes.
The following settings are on by default:
- Location: This is recommended for the best app performance.
- Camera: This allows the use of the device's camera for the Capture feature and for capturing photo attachments.
- Storage (Android): This allows the use of the device's camera for the Capture feature and for capturing photo attachments.