These instructions take you through the DIY upgrade process for hotfixes, service packs, and new releases. Cartegraph uses Octopus software to run upgrades and sends regular email updates during the process. If you are interested in using this tool, check the requirements to make sure your deployment configuration qualifies:
- Cartegraph sites must be public-facing.
- Cartegraph sites must meet all the on-premise deployment requirements.
- The user that registers for an account to the upgrade portal must have full unrestricted access to the client database, Web server, and App server as applicable.
- Get in touch with Cartegraph Tech Support and let them know you want to use the upgrade portal. Something like this: Hey there, I want to do upgrades myself. Please get me signed up.
- Whitelist this email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, in your spam-filter if you have trouble receiving emails. All emails come from this address.
- We check that your infrastructure works with the upgrade tool. If not you always have the option to schedule a time with our Dev Ops team.
- We send you an email with a user name, password, and API key. You need an API key each time you sign into the upgrade portal. Please keep this in a safe, yet easy to find spot.
- If you upgrade during regular support hours, Monday to Friday 7 am to 7 pm Central Time, tech support is there if you need help.
- Read through the instructions.
- In your browser, go to https://upgrader.cartegraphoms.com.
- Sign in.
- Review the options on the Home page and click Update. Keep in mind:
- You don't have to run a hotfix before upgrading,
- When upgrading more than one version, you have to upgrade each version one at a time.
- The system runs a Health Check for a hotfix, service pack, or release upgrade. Keep an eye on the screen for important messages and prompts to keep the process moving.
If this hotfix or service pack, the update begins and the process ends here.
- For a release upgrade, next is a Prerequisites check. Watch for messages that guide you on what to do next.
- The last stage is the upgrade! You know what to do, look for messages to keep the upgrade moving.
- If you run into any issues during normal business hours reach out to tech support. If it is after hours email Support@Cartegraph.com any errors that you received, we will contact you the next business day.
Want a preview of the process? Watch this video.