You must have administrator rights to access this feature.
This feature may not be available in every package. Not sure if you have this feature or you want to learn more about it? Send us a message at email@example.com
This example shows how to connect Cartegraph to Zapier using the Webhook automation block. In this example, we will receive a text message when a task is created in Cartegraph for a specified owner. We begin by starting an animation in Automation Manager and creating a webhook in Zapier.
- Create an Owner field in Tasks:
- In Structure Manager, create a custom field in Tasks called Owner. This field is a lookup to the Labor recordset. This requires a Publish.
- In Layout Manager, add the Owner field to the Task Setup section, in the Task Detail layout so it is visible when creating a task.
- Click >Automation Manager.
- Click Create Automation.
- Select the Send a notification after a task is created trigger.
- Click the trigger block in the center of the screen, and on the right side of the screen, enter which owner will receive the text message.
- Go to https://zapier.com/ and set up a free account or access your existing account.
- Click Make a Zap.
- In the When this happens dialog box, search for and select Webhooks by Zapier.
- Inside Choose Trigger Event, select Catch Hook and click Continue.
- In the Pick off a Child Key option text box, type cgTasksClass
- Click Copy next to the Custom Webhook URL and then click Continue.
Now that we have created our webhook, we will instruct the automation to act on the webhook, and we will test the interaction between the two.
- Switch to Cartegraph and drag the WebHook block into the Actions section in the center of the screen.
- Paste the Zapier-provided URL into the URL text box.
- Select Trigger Record for the Record Source.
- Return to Zapier and click Test & Continue.
- Return to Cartegraph and click Test.
- Return to Zapier and, in the Do this dialog, search for and select SMS by Zapier.
- Click Continue to use the defaulted action event, Send SMS.
- Select the appropriate Zapier account (add one if necessary). Click Continue.
Enter a From Number.
In the Message box, add a message and the fields to send in the SMS. Click to add task fields.
The message cannot be more than 153 characters.
- Click Continue.
- To send a sample SMS to the phone number in the SMS account, click Test.
- Click Done Editing.
- Enter a name for your Zap in the upper left corner, and then turn it on.
- Return to Cartegraph. Name, turn on, and save your automation.