This feature may not be available in every package. Not sure if you have this feature or you want to learn more about it? Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This example shows how to connect Cartegraph OMS to Zapier using the Webhook automation block. In this example, we will add an entry to an Outlook calendar when a task is created in Cartegraph for a specified owner named Greg along with a scheduled start and scheduled stop.
- Before you create an automation, add these three custom fields to Tasks:
- Scheduled start: A new DateTime field.
- Scheduled stop: A new DateTime field.
- Owner: A Lookup to a Labor record.
- These three fields can be added to the Task Setup section of the detail view for Tasks in Layout Manager, to be populated during a Task Create.
Now we will create an automation. We will go back and forth between Cartegraph and Zapier.
- Click >Automation Manager.
- Click Create Automation.
- Select the Send a notification after a task is created trigger.
- Fill in the Extend Trigger properties.
- Go to https://zapier.com/ and set up a free account or access your existing account.
- Click Make a Zap.
- In the Choose App & Event field, start to type Webhooks and select Webhooks by Zapier.
- Select Catch Hook and click Continue.
- Click Copy to copy the Custom Webhook URL.
- In the Pick off a Child Key, enter cgTasksClass as shown, and click Continue.
- Switch back to Cartegraph and drag the Webhook block into the Actions section.
- When the Properties panel displays on the right, paste the Zapier URL from your clipboard into the URL field.
- Select Trigger Record as the record source and click Test.
- In Zapier, click Test trigger.
- You should receive a screen that looks similar to this:
- Click Continue.
- In the Do this dialog, start to type Outlook and select Microsoft Outlook from the list.
- Select Create Event and click Continue.
- Select the Microsoft Outlook account to use (create one if necessary) and click Continue.
- In the Customize Event section, enter the subject and the start and stop dates and time as shown below. Select Cartegraph Fields from Insert Data list.
- Click Continue.
- Click Test & Continue.
- After the successful test, click Done Editing.
- Name your Zap in the upper left and click Turn Zap On.
Click Go To My Zaps to see a list of all your Zaps.
- In Cartegraph, name, save, and turn on the automation.
Whenever you create a Task with an owner of Greg and specify a scheduled start and scheduled stop, an entry will be added to Greg's Outlook calendar.