This feature may not be available in every package. Not sure if you have this feature or you want to learn more about it? Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This example shows how to connect Cartegraph OMS to Zapier using the Webhook automation block. In this example, we will add an entry to an Outlook calendar when a task is created in Cartegraph for a specified owner named Greg along with a scheduled start and scheduled stop.
- Before you create an automation, add these three custom fields to Tasks:
- Scheduled start: A new DateTime field.
- Scheduled stop: A new DateTime field.
- Owner: A Lookup to a Labor record.
- These three fields can be added to the Task Setup section of the detail view for Tasks in Layout Manager.
Now we will create an automation. We will go back and forth between Cartegraph and Zapier.
- Click >Automation Manager.
- Select the Send a notification after a task is created trigger.
- Go to https://zapier.com/ and set up a free account or access your existing account.
- Click Make a Zap.
- In the Choose a Trigger App field, start to type Webhooks and select Webhooks by Zapier.
- Select the Catch Hook option and click Save and Continue.
- Click Copy to copy the Zapier-supplied URL.
- Switch back to Cartegraph and drag the Webhook block into the Actions section.
- When the Properties panel displays on the right, paste the Zapier URL from your clipboard into the URL field.
- Select Trigger Record as the record source and click Test.
- Switch back to Zapier, click OK, I did this, and, on the next screen, click Continue.
- On the left side of the screen, click Edit Options, enter cgTasksClass as shown, and click Continue.
We will do additional testing and refine the Webhook and the automation.
- Click Get More Samples.
- Go back to Cartegraph and click Test again.
- Return to Zapier, select the Hook A option, expand the section to see that some of the values from Cartegraph are available.
- Click Continue. You should now see this screen in Zapier.
- Click Your Zap lacks an Action step. Add one now!
- Start to type Outlook and select Microsoft Outlook from the list.
- Click the Create Event option, then click Save and Continue.
- Select the Microsoft Outlook account to use (create one if necessary) and click Save + Continue.
For this example, we will use Greg.
- Enter the subject and the start and stop dates and time as shown below. When you get to a part of the message that uses values sent from Cartegraph, click .
- Fill out all four fields as shown below and click Continue.
- Click Send Test Event to Microsoft Outlook.
- After the successful test, click Finish.
- Name your Zap and turn it on.
Click the Dashboard link in the top left corner to see a list of all your Zaps.
- In Cartegraph, name, save, and turn on the automation.
Whenever you create a Task with an owner of Greg and specify a scheduled start and scheduled stop, an entry will be added to Greg's Outlook calendar.