Now that customers can view floor plan lines in Cartegraph OMS, you may hear questions like:
- "How do we import our floor plans into OMS?"
- "Can you set up floor plans for us?"
- "We want to use floor plan lines, but we're not sure where to start. What are our options?"
Good news! There are three easy ways to get floor plan data into OMS:
- Use your existing CAD-to-GIS process to load floor plan lines into GIS.
- Purchase Cartegraph Floor Plan Updater.
- Ask the Cartegraph Services team to perform a one-time load of your floor plan data.
Want to learn all about these options? Download the CAD to GIS to OMS pdf.
Which Option Is Right for You?
- What problems are you trying to solve?
- Do you have indoor CAD drawings for your facilities?
- How up to date are your facility CAD drawings?
- Do these CAD drawings have floor plan lines represented?
- Do you have OMS configured with building, floor, and floor-aware assets?
- How often does your floor plan data change?
- Do you currently have a process to get CAD data into GIS?
- If they don't have any CAD data, they're not ready for Floor Plan Updater. However, this may be an opportunity to introduce a Cartegraph partner to help with data collection and conversion.
- If they have CAD drawings, but they don't plan to regularly update their floor plans, Cartegraph Services can perform a one-time data load.
- If they have CAD/GIS tech-savvy staff, Cartegraph can provide them with documentation to convert the CAD files to GIS on their own.
- If they need to regularly push CAD data into GIS and OMS—and they have access to CAD data, Floor Plan Updater is the tool for them.