You must have administrator rights to access this feature.
The Resource Estimates Manager feature is located in Cartegraph‘s Administration section. Here you can create custom estimates for any Asset Type and Activity combination, for labor, equipment, material, and other cost estimation totals. The custom estimates display in a task with that asset type and activity combination is created. For each resource type, select one of these methods:
- Use Cartegraph Calculated Estimates: Resource estimates are calculated using the data available in the system.
- Set Custom Estimates: Set the hours and cost values for Labor Estimates and cost for Equipment Estimates, Material Estimates, and Other Estimates.
- Set Custom Estimates With a Quantity: Set the hours and cost values per unit for Labor Estimates and cost per unit for Equipment Estimates, Material Estimates, and Other Estimates.
All the custom resource estimates display in the Estimates list:
- You can edit or delete the asset/activity combination estimates. The new settings are used the next time a task using that asset and activity combination is created. Changes are not made retroactively to tasks.
- Filter the custom resource estimates list, by selecting values in the Asset Type an/or Activity fields.
- The custom resource estimates display in alphabetical order.