This set of instructions walks you through the process for upgrading customers with the Facility domain to the Summer 2020 release or later. The process is similar for the Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) and Water Treatment Plant (WTP) and any differences are noted.
Building Context Property in Structure Manager
The Building Context field for each asset type is automatically set for all standard asset types. The settings for the Facility domain are:
- Facility = Building
- Facility Floor = Floor
- Electric Generator = FloorAware
- Facility Lighting = FloorAware
- Fire Protection = FloorAware
- HVAC Equipment = FloorAware
- Plumbing Fixture = FloorAware
- Roofing System = FloorAware
The default Building Context field value is listed on each Asset Spec in Campus.
This field must be set manually for all custom assets.
Manual Steps for Customers With Standard Assets
- Format for the Floor recordset in Asset Administration. Contact our Technical Support team is this is not available to you.
- Once the Floor asset is formatted, Facility is a container to Facility Floor. The following assets are still set as a component to Facility and can be set as components to Facility Floor:
- Electric Generator
- Facility Lighting
- Fire Protection
- HVAC Equipment
- Plumbing Fixture
- Roofing System
- Assets with a Building Context value of Building need to have their ID changed to something descriptive that identifies this record. This value displays in the Building selector on the Asset list map. For example, Library.
- Next, create the Floor records from the Building asset’s Components tab so they are connected to the Building.
- ID: use something descriptive that identifies the building and floor. For example, Library 3.
- Floor Name: This displays in the Floor selector on the Asset list map once a Building is selected. For example, Basement, Lobby, Third, Roof
- Level: This is a numeric value that sets the order for the Floors displays in the Floor Selector. For example, Basement is -1; Lobby is 0; First is 1; Mezzanine is 2; Second is 3
- Any existing records for assets with the Building Context field value of Floor Aware that do not belong on a Floor, do not need to be edited.
- Any existing for assets with the Building Context field value of Floor Aware that do need to be on a Floor:
- Remove the direct connection to the Building record (For example, Facility) - THIS MUST BE DONE BEFORE THE NEXT STEP
- Add the connection to the correct Floor record (For example, Library 3)
- This can be done manually or with an Import/Export.
Import/Export Instructions to Update Floor Aware Asset Container Relationships
- Export out the FloorAware assets and include the Building ID they currently look up to
- In the exported csv:
- Add a column for the Floor ID
- Enter the correct Floor ID for each FloorAware asset
- Clear out the Building ID for each of these FloorAware assets
- When ready to import:
- Include the Floor ID field in the Format File
- Make sure to set the Property When an existing record is updated to Use all values from the data source including records without values. This will clear out the direct connection to the Building record.
Notes About WWTP and WTP Domains
WTP and WWTP are set up the same way for their Floors.
- Existing structure remains.
- Once formatted for Floor the additions are bolded below:
- Water Treatment Plant is container to WTP Facility
- Water Treatment Plant is container to WTP Process
- WTP Facility is the container to Process
- WTP Facility is the container to Floor
- Electrical Generators can be components of WTP Facility OR WTP Floor
- HVAC can be components of WTP Facility OR WTP Floor
- WTP Floor is a container to
- WTP Process is a Container to:
- Process is NOT a component of Floor
- Process has a BuildingContext value of None
- Components of WTP Floor and WTP Process can be a component to both
Additional Manual Steps to Add Floor Functionality to Custom Assets
- Building asset types:
- Go to Structure Manager and set the Building Context field to Building
- Change the ID of the record to something that is descriptive (if not already)
- Floor asset types:
- Go to Structure Manager and set the Building Context field value to Floor
- Fill in the Floor Name field
- Fill in the Level field
- Floor Aware asset types: Go to structure Manager and set the Building Context field value to Floor Aware.