The following gadget types are available:
- This chart shows data grouped in horizontal bars.
- A chart is limited to the top 20 bars.
- This chart shows data grouped in vertical columns.
- Column charts are limited to the top 20 columns, except that the Week of Year chart has 52 columns.
- KPI gadgets are used to display a number or percent, which represents a goal manually entered by you.
- When creating a KPI gadget, the Recordset and Goal are required fields.
- Use the filters and Measured By section to display different sets of data that correspond to your goal.
- For percent KPI gadgets, there are two filters to fill out:
- Define the part of the whole is where you filter to the records you want. For example, Stop Signs that have been inspected this year.
- Define the whole is where you build a filter of the records you have. For example, all Stop Signs we track in the system, whether or not they have been inspected this year.
- This chart displays a sorted list of values in rows and columns.
- Column settings are used when sharing the gadget.
- Edit the columns in Preview mode. If this is a shared gadget, you can only edit the gadget if you are the owner. If the owner of a shared gadget edits the columns, the changes are automatic to all the instances of the gadget.
- Selected values only persist for the user on the dashboard. This means that if the value is changed in the gadget setup, it will not change the dashboard gadget. Also, it will not be changed for any users this gadget is shared to.
- Select optional Group By settings to show more than one group of information in a single gadget instead of creating separate gadgets for each recordset.
- This displays as a menu on the gadget, allowing you to select different categories within that group.
- The list gadget updates immediately when a new value is selected in the menu in either the Preview dialog box or the dashboard.
- The selected menu value acts as a filter to display only records for that particular category.
- Select optional Measured By fields. When a Group By field is selected, the Measured By value defaults to the Total Record count.
- The aggregate value is also shown on the list gadget, along with the aggregate type. Both the aggregate value and value in the list gadget have the same functionality as the gadget drill-down for bar, column, and pie charts.
- The color selection in the gadget setup is for the group menu.
- Number gadgets are used to display a large count, sum, or average of records in OMS.
- The Recordset is the only required field. Use the filters and Measured By section to display different sets of data. Select a theme to distinguish between gadgets easily when they are added to your Dashboard.
- The Number gadget is half the size of the other gadgets to allow for multiple gadgets to be visible on the screen simultaneously.
- Large, rounded numbers are shortened and shown with abbreviations. For example, K for thousands, M for millions, or B billions.
- The gadget displays a quantity unit below a colored line.
- This chart shows data grouped into sections of a pie.
- A Pie chart is limited to the top 5 slices; the remaining records are in the Other slice.