The Exchange Asset process is for component assets to exchange a broken or malfunctioning component that is currently in a container for another asset.
- Only accessible from the Actions menu of an Asset's Detail view component assets.
- The outgoing asset, the asset to replace, must be associated with a container.
- The incoming asset, the asset to install:
- Cannot have any open tasks associated with it
- Cannot be retired
- Cannot already be associated with a container
- Cannot have any components of its own
What the process does:
- Exchange the spatial location of the two assets
- Disassociate the outgoing asset from its container
- Associate the incoming asset to that container
- Disassociate all components from the outgoing asset
- Associate all those components to the incoming asset
- Updates Location fields for both assets
- Create a task for each asset using the selected activity for each
- Assign the task for the outgoing asset to the selected laborer or no one
- Assign the task for the incoming asset to you, the current user, if possible
- Set the estimated start and stop dates on the tasks created today
After saving, the Detail view of the Task for the incoming asset displays to enter Resources.