This feature requires a Cartegraph OMS license.
You must have administrator rights to access this feature.
- Click >Structure Manager.
- Select the asset recordset you want to link to in the Structure view. This recordset becomes the child recordset.
- Click Create>Field.
- Select Lookup as the Field Type and click Done.
- Enter the name of the asset you are linking to as the Field Name. This becomes the parent recordset.
- The Column Name automatically populates based on Field Name. Change this if needed.
- In the Lookup Source section, click Select Lookup and select the asset parent recordset you want it to link to.
- Click Done. The Unique Field populates automatically from your selected linked recordset.
- Click Save.
- Select the child recordset you selected in step 2 and click Create>Relationship.
- Select the parent asset recordset you wish to link to and click Next.
- Select the Lookup. The lookup field value defaults if only one lookup field exists for this recordset.
- The Plural Name, Singular Name, and ID default from the original asset recordset. Change the names if needed.
- Click Linkable asset relationship.
- Click Finish & Save.
- Repeat these steps until you have all the assets you need linked together.
- If this is the only change being made, click Publish. If there are other changes to be made, then you can Publish after all the changes are made.