This explains how the behavior for Material fields when using Material Locations.
The Price Per Unit and Cost fields are hidden unless you are editing the fields.
- For editing a stocked item all fields are read-only. You must delete the record and replace it with a new one to correct any mistakes. This is to ensure accurate inventory tracking.
- The Location field is required.
- Locations are filtered down to only currently stocked locations. For example, 1.5 Limestone is only stocked at the North Warehouse.
- Quantity on Hand is loaded from the specific location.
- The Location and Quantity on Hand fields are hidden.
- The Price Per Unit and Cost fields display.