You must have administrator rights to access this feature.
This feature may not be available in every package. Not sure if you have this feature or you want to learn more about it? Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When creating a Cartegraph One layout, you must understand these rules:
- Detail views in Cartegraph One use the same detail view as OMS.
- New layouts are only visible on Cartegraph One after you sign out and sign back in. This is necessary to reset your view cache.
- All layout views are tied to a role. If a role is not tied to the layout, that user will not see the changes.
- You may not change the Cartegraph One Create default view. You may copy and edit that version as your own.
The Cartegraph One Create View Layout
This layout is specific to when you are creating records for assets, tasks, or requests in Cartegraph One. You can create your own custom layout.
- In OMS, click >Layout Manager.
- Select the following from the menus near the top of the screen:
- Category>Work (or Assets or Requests)
- Type>Tasks (or Asset type or Requests)
- View Type>Cartegraph One Create View
- Enter your new view name and click Save.
- Click and drag new fields as needed from the left panel to the layout view or remove those that are not needed by clicking the x next to those fields.
- Click Save.
Assign to Role
- In OMS, click Role Administration.
- In the Role Administration dialog box, click the role to add to the new layout.
- Click Save.
View in Cartegraph One
- Open Cartegraph One on a smartphone or tablet.
- Sign out and sign in to clear the previous view.
The new custom fields display on the layout.
Additional Steps for Layouts for Container/Component or Linked Assets
If you want, assets can be in one of two types of relationships, Container/Component or Linked. Container Component is good for assets like facilities or parks. Linked relationships are best for assets like signs and supports or water utility networks. To successfully create an asset that is related to another asset, the Cartegraph One Create View layout can include a field that looks up to the related asset. Another option is to add the related asset grid to the container or linked asset Detail View layout.
An example of a Container/Component relationship is Building/Floor/Electrical Generator, where Building is a container/Floor is the component. The Floor is also a container, and Electrical Generator is a component of the Floor. So for our example, to create an asset record for an Electrical Generator and build the relationship to the correct Floor container record, begin on the Floor Detail view, go to the Electrical Generator tab in the layout, and add an Electrical Generator record. In layout manager, open the Floor Detail View layout and add the Electrical Generator grid. This will show you the Electrical Generators that are components of the Floor you are viewing in Cartegraph One. You can also create an Electrical Generator from here which will establish the component relationship to the Floor container.
An example of linked asset relationships is Signs and Supports. We want to link Signs to Supports because a support can hold more than one sign. For our example, to create an asset record for a Sign and build the relationship to the correct Support record, begin on the Support Detail view, go to the Sign tab in the layout, and add a Sign record. In layout manager, open the Support Detail View layout and add the Sign grid. This will show you the related signs when viewing the Support in Cartegraph One. You can also create a Sign from here which will establish the relationship.