Cartegraph offers two mobile apps to use with our OMS solution—Cartegraph One and Cartegraph for iPad. We have stopped development on Cartegraph for iPad and want our users to use Cartegraph One instead because it works for both iOS and Android; it works on tablets or smartphones; you can create requests and use the app offline with a map, and you have other advantages. See a complete feature comparison of the two apps here.
How to Make the Switch
- On the desktop, create, save, and share layers for users that represent the records you want those users to see in Cartegraph One.
- On the desktop, update the Cartegraph One Create View in Administration>Layout Manager for all recordsets with custom fields, required fields, and fields validated by automations.
- If your team will use the Offline mode, upload a map in Administration>Map Administration.
- On your device, download the Cartegraph One app.
- Enter the same URL used in the Cartegraph for iPad app.
- Sign in using the same user name and password.
- Uninstall the Cartegraph for iPad app from your device.
More Features to Come
There are some features available in Cartegraph for iPad that are not available in Cartegraph One but currently planned for Cartegraph One. Check this out to see all the features Cartegraph One has and Cartegraph for iPad does not. These include:
- Convert a non-asset task to an asset task
- View asset list
- PCI inspections
- Exchange components
There are some features from the Cartegraph for iPad app that are not currently planned for Cartegraph One. These include:
- View and generate routes
- Live Tasks
After the Switch
It won't take long to get comfortable with Cartegraph One. Here are some tips for an easier transition:
- Watch these training videos.
- Keep an eye out for announcements in the app about new features and updates.
- Remember that Cartegraph One layers mirror layers on the desktop. If a layer is not saved on the desktop and is then removed in Cartegraph One, the layer is deleted from the desktop. If you want to use that layer again, it will need to be recreated and saved on the desktop.
- To find assets without a location, add the asset as a component to a container with a location or find and navigate directly to the record using record search.