Installing and configuring Cartegraph requires the installation of many components to various servers. The Cartegraph technical team works with someone from the organization. This person should have appropriate privileges on the network and web server and access to the database.
The following needs to be in place:
- Application and Web server setup is complete.
For a two-tier installation, the Web server does the functions of the Application server.
- The organization should request a Wildcard SSL from a vendor of their choice, and the request should come from the same machine it will be installed on. It is critical to the process that the SSL certificate is available before the installation date. Confirm the SSL certificate is available for the install date. For more information on installing SSL certifications, see how to install SSL Certificates. Cartegraph recommends using wildcard SSL certificates for ease of use. If this is not possible, then server-specific SSL certificates are needed for the Web server and Application server. SHA-256 or later SSL key is required.
Cartegraph recommends purchasing the SSL certificate through Go Daddy.
- Make sure TLS 1.2 is enabled.
- The Cartegraph technical team assists the organization's IT staff with the Cartegraph OMS platform installation.
- Set up Esri Account and Identities if you are using Esri authentication.
System Areas and Servers
The installation affects the following:
In order for the Application server to connect to the data source (database server), a valid domain user account must be created. This account is used to perform functions on the application server as well as the login for the SQL database server. It also accesses the attachments, report templates, and import/export format files in the Project Home. Cartegraph recommends this naming convention for the account: [DOMAIN]\cg_OMS_User
A SQL database must be created on the database server and the account created in Active Directory added as a sign-in credential to the server and user of the database. The user account must be a member of the db_owner database role. Cartegraph recommends this naming convention for the database: Cartegraph_OMS
The account created in Active Directory must be a member of the local administrator group on this server. This account performs the functions on the server to communicate to the database server. The Octopus Deploy Windows Service is installed. IIS roles and other prerequisites are installed on the server if not already available using Octopus Deploy. Cartegraph software is installed using Octopus Deploy. Adjustments are made to the IIS configuration for the Cartegraph IIS Application pool and website. The Application Server needs to have access to the Project Home location. For three-tier deployments, the operating system must be the same on both the Web and application servers.
Similar to the application server, the Octopus Deploy Windows Service is installed. IIS roles and other prerequisites are installed on the server if not already available using Octopus Deploy. Cartegraph software is installed using Octopus Deploy. Adjustments are made to the IIS configuration for the Cartegraph IIS application pool and website. For three-tier deployments, the ApplicationPoolIdentity account is used. For two-tier deployments, the Active Directory account created above will be used and will need at a minimum: Sign on as a batch job, sign on as service rights, and the ability to install the software through the Octopus Deploy tentacle. For three-tier deployments, the operating system must be the same on both the Web and application servers.
If the Web server is also used for other sites, Cartegraph recommends this installation is housed in its own website. This is necessary because there may be conflicts with different .NET versions operating on the default website.
Day of Installation
Presence is required of someone from the organization who can do the following:
- Add user accounts in Active Directory.
- Optionally create an ArcGIS identity. The ArcGIS identities are needed when creating the Cartegraph user accounts if you are using Esri authentication.
The person from the organization must also have:
- Database administrator privileges for creating a database and setting permissions.
- Administrative privilege on the application and web servers to install and configure software and IIS settings.
Cartegraph assists with the deployment of the Cartegraph environment.