You must have administrator rights to access this feature.
This feature may not be available in every package. Not sure if you have this feature or you want to learn more about it? Send us a message at email@example.com.
This example shows how to connect Cartegraph OMS and Survey123 using Cartegraph for Zapier. In this example, we will receive a Survey123 record and create a Task in Cartegraph. A paid Zapier account is required for this example.
Structure Changes for Cartegraph
Before you create the connection between Cartegraph and Survey123, add these two custom fields to the Tasks recordset:
- Start Time: A new Time field.
- Stop Time: A new Time field.
Create Survey123 Form
Before we can create the Zap to connect Cartegraph OMS to Survey123, a Survey123 form needs to be created. For additional information on how to design a Survey123 for, see https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/createsurveys.htm
- Launch Survey123 and design the form with the specified fields: https://survey123.arcgis.com/
- Type of Work
- Date of Service
- Start Time
- Stop Time
- Location of Service
- Add a drop list for Type of Work and add the appropriate values. Spaces between words should be replaced with underscores in the drop list and also in the Cartegraph library being used.
- Save the form.
- Publish the form. Keep Survey123 open. We will need to do additional work.
Create Connection to Cartegraph and Survey 123
Now we will create the connection to Cartegraph and Survey123 using Zapier.
- Go to https://zapier.com/ and sign in to your paid account.
- Click Make a Zap.
- Enter a name for your Zap such as "Create Non-Asset Task from Survey123."
- Select Webhook for the trigger application.
- Select Catch Hook for the Trigger Event and click Continue.
- Copy the Custom Webhook URL. This is needed to communicate with Survey123.
- Open Survey123 again and click Settings and Webhooks.
- Click Add webhook.
- Enter a name for the webhook such as Cartegraph for Zapier Connector.
- Paste the Custom webhook URL from Zapier into the payload URL.
- Turn on the trigger events. In this example, we will only set the trigger to New Record Submitted.
- Turn on all the Event data to include.
- Save the webhook.
- Create a record in the Survey123 form created. This will be required to successfully test the connection to Zapier in the next step.
- Switch back to Zapier and Test the Trigger.
This may come back that it could not find a request. Wait and try to test the trigger again. You can continue on to the next step using the Skip test option and continue. You will need to come back and retest the trigger and get a success message to complete the Create Record step.
- Click + to add the Action application. Enter Cartegraph in the search apps and select Cartegraph.
- Select Create a Record for the Action Event and click Continue.
- Select the Account and click Continue.
Set Up the Action
The next step is to set up the action.
- Select Work for Record Category.
- Select Task for Record Type.
- The next step is to set up the Create Record. Choose the following fields in the Additional Fields to Insert section:
- Start Time
- Stop Time
- Actual Stop Date
- Set the values for the fields for the record being created.
- For Activity, select Custom. Select the Type of Work field from Survey123.
- For Notes, select Custom. Select the Notes field from Survey123.
- For Start Time, select Custom. Select the Start Time field from Survey123.
- For Stop Time, select Custom. Select the Stop Time field from Survey123.
- For Actual Stop Date, select Custom. Select the Service Date field from Survey123.
- For cgPoint, select Custom. Choose the Geometry Y field from Survey123, type a comma, and select the Geometry X field from Survey123.
- Click Continue and then click Test and Continue.
- Once the test is successful, turn on your zap.