This feature may not be available in every package. Not sure if you have this feature or you want to learn more about it? Send us a message at email@example.com.
This example shows how to connect Cartegraph OMS to Zapier using the Webhook automation block. In this example, we will add an entry to an Outlook calendar when a task is created in Cartegraph for a specified owner named Greg along with a scheduled start and scheduled stop.
- Before you create an automation, add these three custom fields to Tasks:
- Scheduled start: A new DateTime field.
- Scheduled stop: A new DateTime field.
- Owner: A Lookup to a Labor record.
- These three fields can be added to the Task Setup section of the detail view for Tasks in Layout Manager, to be populated during a Task Create.
Now we will create an automation. We will go back and forth between Cartegraph and Zapier.
- Click >Automation Manager.
- Click Create Automation.
- Select the Send a notification after a task is created trigger.
- Fill in the Extend Trigger properties.
- Go to https://zapier.com/ and set up a free account or access your existing account.
- Click Make a Zap.
- In the Choose App & Event field, start to type Webhooks and select Webhooks by Zapier.
- Select Catch Hook and click Continue.
- Click Copy to copy the Custom Webhook URL.
- In the Pick off a Child Key, enter cgTasksClass as shown, and click Continue.
- Switch back to Cartegraph and drag the Webhook block into the Actions section.
- When the Properties panel displays on the right, paste the Zapier URL from your clipboard into the URL field.
- Select Trigger Record as the record source and click Test.
When you click Test, details for the record that was last modified in this recordset is sent to Zapier to test the connection.
- In Zapier, click Test trigger.
- You should receive a screen that looks similar to this:
- Click Continue.
- In the Do this dialog, start to type Outlook and select Microsoft Outlook from the list.
- Select Create Event and click Continue.
- Select the Microsoft Outlook account to use (create one if necessary) and click Continue.
- In the Customize Event section, enter the subject and the start and stop dates and time as shown below. Select Cartegraph Fields from Insert Data list.
- Click Continue.
- Click Test & Continue.
- After the successful test, click Done Editing.
- Name your Zap in the upper left and click Turn Zap On.
Click Go To My Zaps to see a list of all your Zaps.
- In Cartegraph, name, save, and turn on the automation.
Whenever you create a Task with an owner of Greg and specify a scheduled start and scheduled stop, an entry will be added to Greg's Outlook calendar.