When using most maps in Cartegraph, you can measure the area of a polygon, the length of a line, or find the coordinates of a point.
Make a Measurement
- Click the Measure button to display the toolbar and use one of the measure options.
- To measure an area on the map, click and click the map once for every vertex of the area you want to measure. Double-click to complete the area.
- To measure a line on the map, click and click the map once for every vertex of the line you want to measure. Double-click to complete the line.
- To get coordinates for a point on the map, click and click the map at the location where you want to get coordinates.
- Your results display in the bottom of the toolbar.
- To turn off the Measure Tool, click the Measure button. Turning off the Measure Tool clears any previous measurement results.
Change the Units
Each option in the measurement tool has its own set of corresponding units.
Click the Unit field for the selected measurement option to change the unit of measurement. The selected units stay selected for each measurement tool.