Kick off your shoes, dip your toes in the kiddie pool, and grab one of those tropical drinks with a tiny umbrella. It's time for this season's hottest backyard read: the Cartegraph Summer 2020 release update! From resource estimates and FEMA reports to building and floor management, we're excited to share a bunch of new ways to stay cool this summer and beyond.
We get it: Estimates are tough. Nobody's ever ordered the right amount of pizza. But with Cartegraph's new resource estimates, it's easier than ever to project how much an activity will cost and how long it'll take to complete.
- Use estimates to plan for the future and make better budgeting decisions.
- Track estimated resource costs based on historical work—broken out by labor, equipment, material, and other.
- Manually create resource estimates for asset and activity combinations.
- Distribute resource estimates by a unit to account for assets with various sizes.
- Charts have been added as a new default layout section on tasks and work orders, so you can compare Estimated vs. Actual costs across all four resource types—and view the total of those resources.
- Use four new dashboard gadgets to visually compare estimated and actual costs across tasks and work orders:
- Task Estimates vs. Actuals Cost Comparison: Display estimate and actual costs broken out by resource type for the past year.
- Task Totals: Estimate vs Actual: Display the estimate and actual total cost for the past year.
- Work Order Estimates vs. Actuals Cost Comparison: Display estimate and actual costs broken out by resource type for the past year.
- Work Order Totals: Estimate vs. Actual: Display the estimate and actual total cost for the past year.
Building and Floor Management
Get in on the ground floor—or any floor, really—with Cartegraph's new building and floor functionality. Simply select a building and floor to better visualize your indoor assets. It's just one more way we're helping you level up operations. (Yep, that's two floor-aware jokes in one feature section.)
- Use Floor asset types to track where your assets are located inside a building.
- For the Facility and Treatment Plant domains, we have system-standard asset types available:
- Designate custom asset types as Building, Floor, or Floor Aware.
- Use new building and floor selectors to filter the asset map and list to locate assets in a specific building and on a specific floor.
- Quickly receive counts across multiple asset types without manually creating filters on each asset layer.
FEMA Administration and Reporting
FEMA: Short acronym, long process. To make things easier, Cartegraph now includes more standardized tools to help you effectively respond to—and get reimbursed for—FEMA-related events and activities.
- Automatically create FEMA rates for Equipment resources based on the current FEMA Schedule of Equipment Rates.
- We've added a ready-to-use Equipment FEMA Rates library to Library Manager, so the Equipment FEMA Cost Code is set on Equipment records.
- Track the equipment operator on all FEMA tasks with a new Cartegraph FEMA timesheet layout.
- Create an automation using the Require equipment operator when using a FEMA rate trigger to require the operator field on a FEMA task.
- Generate reports to share FEMA-related equipment inventory, equipment expenses, labor usage and expenses, and material usage.
- When creating an Equipment rate, the default unit is now $/hr instead of $/mi.
- The default usage quantity unit is now required on material records and will be populated on upgrade based on historical use. This increases efficiency when using any material on a task, and when stocking stock materials.
- Similar to ArcGIS Online associations, attachments can now be synced between Cartegraph and ArcGIS for Portal beginning with ArcGIS 10.8. Refer to Cartegraph and ArcGIS Attachment Synchronization for more information about this feature.
- In the rare scenario where multiple impact activities occur on the same asset on the same day, the Estimated OCI calculation has been updated slightly to produce a more consistent value across all impact types.
Cartegraph One App Updates
We know we're biased, but Cartegraph One is legitimately awesome. Since our Spring 2020 OMS update, we've released three—that's right, three—updates to Cartegraph One, covering 141 Ideas votes and 25 ideas. What kinds of awesome have we added lately? We're glad you asked.
- Address search for map panning and zooming.
- Search for task, request, asset, and equipment records by ID or keywords.
- Scan bar codes in the Record Search field to search all text fields in Tasks, Requests, Assets, and Equipment. Bar codes can also be used to enter equipment and material resources on a task.
- Support for high-accuracy GPS
- Full attachment support, which includes:
- Attachments of additional file types like PDF, XLS, and DOC
- Upload attachments from the device library
- Linked attachments
- Delete an attachment
- View and set the Primary attachment
Cartegraph Engage is now even more...engaging. Congrats to all of us for waiting four whole months to make that joke. Anyway, we made some upgrades to the Page Analytics:
- Engage admins can decide which Pages users have access to with the new Pass Down Pages feature.
- A new analytics dashboard widget allows you to compare page usage by views or visitors for one or multiple pages.
- Target guides to the correct audience by segmenting off of page use.
Some of these features may not be available in every package. Not sure if you have a feature or you want to learn more about it? Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.