This feature may not be available in every package. Not sure if you have this feature or you want to learn more about it? Send us a message at email@example.com
This help topic applies to reports created using the Advanced Designer.
When creating a report for the Detail or Index Views, a filter is required on the report to narrow down the results to the selected records from the Index screen or the current record displayed in the Detail.
The filter uses a hidden parameter of @cgOIDS, which already exists in the Report Designer.
Add the filter by following these steps in the Report Designer:
- From the List view or Detail view, click Reports>Create.
- Enter the Type and Name, and click Save.
- In the Object Explorer, click the Table in the report Container.
- In Properties, find the Data section—Filter, and open the Formula selection.
- Expand Report parameters.
- Double click @cgOIDS.
- In the result area, click in the beginning of the parameter and enter <recordset>.OID=.
- Replace <recordset> with the name of the recordset the report is created for. For example, Signs.OID=.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.