This feature may not be available in every package. Not sure if you have this feature or you want to learn more about it? Send us a message at email@example.com.
To create a Bar Chart with the Basic Report Designer that displays the number of requests per issue submitted with the last month, complete the following steps:
Select the Report Recordset and Report Type
- From the Reports tab, click Create.
- For Type, select Requests.
- For the name, enter Request Issues per Month.
- For the Layout, select the Use Basic Designer: Chart option.
- Click Create.
Build the Report in the Basic Designer
- When prompted to Select a Table, select Requests and click .
- When prompted to Choose a Chart Type, select Bars then Simple.
- Expand Horizontal Axis (X) and select Request.Issue to use as the column for the X-coordinates.
- Enter Issue for the Label X axis.
- Expand Horizontal Axis (Y). Select Request.Issue to use to Calculate the line height.
- Select the number of values to use for multiple values per X-coordinate.
- Enter Number of Issues in the Label Y axis.
- Expand Filter. Click Add Filter to set up a date range to use for the chart.
- Select Entry Date and click .
- Verify the choice is set to Exact Date and Define value range (from/to).
- Click .
- Click Preview to see the chart of issues. The date filter is not applied in the preview.
- Click Save.
Run the Report
- In Cartegraph, go to the Reports tab and the Requests section. Click Request Issues per Month.
- Enter a date range and click Apply to see the chart of request issues filtered by a date range.