This feature may not be available in every package. Not sure if you have this feature or you want to learn more about it? Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To create a table that displays the Task information over a date range, complete the following steps:
Set Recordset and Report Type
- From the Reports tab, click Create.
- For Type, select Task.
- For the Name, enter Tasks for Date Range.
- For the Layout, select the Use Basic Designer: Table option.
- Click Create.
Build Report in the Basic Designer
- Select a Table page; search for and select Tasks.
- Add the following columns:
- Task ID
- Total Cost
- Click .
- Expand Table Columns to review the columns and formats for the columns, and Set the Positions to change the width of each column.
- Click on Total Cost and set the Display to Currency, the Currency symbol of $, and decimal places to 2.
- Select the In table footer option, select Sum, and click .
- Expand Layout.
- For page number, select use default and Page Numbering format to Page 1.
- For Show date, select use default.
- Expand Sorting and Grouping to group this table by status.
- For Group By, select Status and leave the default value of Status (Ascending).
- Click Add sort order, select Task ID (Ascending) to sort also by the Task ID, and click .
- Expand Filter and click Add Filter to set up a date range to use for the table.
- Select Start Date and click .
- Click Start Date and make sure Exact Date and Define value range (from/to) are selected.
- Click .
- Click Preview to see the table of Tasks. The date filter is not applied in the preview.
- Click Save.
Test and Run the Report
- In Cartegraph click the Reports tab.
- In the Tasks section, click Tasks for Date Range.
- Enter a date range and click Apply to see the table of Tasks filtered by a date range.