When material log entries are added, the cost is added to the task’s material and total costs, and along with work order, if the task is associated with a work order. If the task is associated with an asset, the material cost is added to the asset's total cost.
- If material log entries are removed, the cost is deducted from the task’s total and the work order’s total if it exists. If the task is associated with an asset, the material cost is deducted from the asset's total cost.
- If a material is a stock item, the price per unit populates from the stocked price.
- If the material is a nonstock item, the Price per Unit and Vendor fields are populated from a price quote where the log dates fall within the effective/expiration date range and the vendor is primary.
- a primary vendor is set up, and the material is not marked as a stock item, the vendor name and price per unit display by default.
- Material log costs for additions and usage are calculated in two ways:
- Enter quantity and cost. The cost per unit (CPU) calculates as Quantity/Cost= CPU.
- Enter quantity and cost per unit. The cost calculates as Quantity*CPU=Cost.