Skip to main content
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Filters make working with your data easier by limiting the records available.
- Display only the information you need to see on a daily basis or as needed.
- Use filters in calculations, maps, reports, or on a mobile device.
- View only the tasks scheduled for today. Or all the assets on a street. Or all of the stop signs with wood support installed before March 2008.
- Create filters from the layer panel, Advanced Filter dialog box, or Syntax view.
- Filters are made up of criteria lines that select specific records. Criteria have three parts:
- Field is the field you want to use.
- Operator is the comparison made to the value in the selected field and varies by type of field.
- Value is used to select records based on user input when the filter is activated and stored either in the filter or as a prompt for the value.
- All alphanumeric and special characters are allowed.
- Criteria groups only use AND or OR to connect criteria lines in Advanced Filters.
- Separate criteria groups with AND or OR in Advanced Filters.
- Prompts are not allowed in the Syntax view.
- Any empty criteria lines in the Advanced Filter dialog box disappear after activating the filter.
- Each line in the filter is a selection process. More lines mean more criteria and fewer records selected.
- Once you activate a filter:
- The system compares record contents to the criteria starting with the top filter line down.
- If a record meets the criteria, it displays in the list view.
- If it takes longer than 30 seconds to load, a message displays and the data does not display.