When using a Cartegraph map you can select a group of records through different tools in the Select menu, instead of manually selecting each record.
The Select tool is available in different maps:
- List view maps when a layer is tuned on.
- Work Order Detail map when at least one Task status check box is selected.
- Container Component tab when at least one layer is turned on.
- Create Task from Request when an Asset type is selected (not Non-Asset).
The Select tool contains different tools. Once any of the tools are used, the selected records in the map display as selected in the List view. Sort Selected Records is turned on to bring the selected records to the top of the list.
- Use the Draw Polygon tool to draw a polygon shape around records in the map.
- Use the Radial Distance tool to select records within a certain distance from a point in the map.
- Use the Linear Offset tool to select records within a certain distance from a linear record in the map.
- Use the Polygon Offset tool to select records within a certain distance from a polygon record in the map.
- Use the Spatial Analysis tool (only available on the Asset List view) to select records based on queries against other Cartegraph layers or Esri layers.