- Click Select.
- Click .
- Select a unit of measure.
- Enter the Offset Distance with a number.
- Click in the map on a polygon record.
NOTE: The selected record appears pink. A cyan buffer draws using the Offset Distance value and selected unit for the buffer distance.
- If the Offset Distance value is positive, the buffer is drawn around the polygon.
- If the Offset Distance value is zero, the buffer drawn is the polygon.
- If the Offset Distance value is negative, the buffer is drawn inside the polygon.
- Click the Select check box.
All displayed records in the selected area, including the selected polygon, are now in a selected state in the map and list views, as available.