You must have a Cartegraph OMS advanced feature extension to access this feature.
NOTE: This relates to Signs only without the advanced feature extension, or for any asset with the extension.
Corrective or preventative maintenance activities are performed to extend the asset’s life. The Asset Condition Categories/Impact library contains the impact of activities that extend the asset’s life. The activity’s impact is calculated to update that individual condition category.
For example, a park bench with condition categories of Aesthetics, Structure, and Surface.
The following shows which activity impacts a condition category:
- Activity of Paint impacts the Aesthetics condition category.
- Activity of Realignment impacts the Structure condition category.
- Activity of Stain impacts the Surface condition category.
Activity impacts affect the individual condition category and increase the asset’s overall condition rating (OCR). Impacts are expressed as:
- Absolute—resets the overall condition index (OCI) to the number indicated
- Relative—increases the index by the number indicated
- %— increases the index by the percent indicated
For example, an asset has a Condition Category index of 50. A maintenance activity is performed with an impact factor of 75%. The estimated index for the condition category increases by 75% to 87.5.