A task is a record of work. The task shows who worked on it, what resources are used, and when it took place.
Other details include:
- Tasks can only be associated to one asset or equipment record.
- Tasks without an asset association have an Asset Type of Non-Asset.
- Create tasks from Home, Work, Assets, Resources, Requests, and Summary tips for selected records.
- Tasks statuses are Projected, Planned, In Progress, Canceled, or Completed.
Task Details Shared With Asset and Equipment Records
- The associated task roll-up costs over time display.
- View the maintenance history including when the asset is installed, replaced, inspected, and maintained.
- Track task history.
- View the inspection history.
- Associate each Activity in the Activity library to any Asset Type, including Non-Asset.
- An activity is required.
- Only Activities related to the selected record display in the Activity field.
Task Date Behavior
- If the Start Date or Time is before today or now, the Actual Start Date is set.
- If the Start Date or Time is after now or today, the Estimated Start Date is set.
- If the Stop Date or Time is before today or now, the Actual Stop Date is set.
- If the Stop Date or Time is after today or now, the Estimated Stop Date is set.
- The default Status is Planned.
- Status of In Progress sets the Actual Start Date to Now.
- Status of Completed sets the Actual Stop Date to Now.
- Status of Canceled sets the Actual Stop Date to Now.
- Status of Projected is only set by the Preventative Maintenance Plan, and the date recommended by the trigger sets the Estimated Start Date.
- Date fields are overwritten when empty.
- Dates update in real time as you change the status.
Each asset has a Tasks section with the tasks entered for the current record. The fields vary for each asset, show and hide columns to view the information most important to you.