At Cartegraph, we're gearing up to celebrate GIS Day, November 15, 2017. Launched in 1999, the global movement provides a forum for users to demonstrate real-world applications of GIS technology that are making a difference in our society, to build knowledge of GIS in their communities, and to create a better understanding of the amazing world we live in. Are you prepared to celebrate the "mappiest day of the year?"
Well, we're here to help with our top 5 ways to celebrate GIS Day:
- Host or attend an event in your area: From Nashville, Tennessee to Sydney, Australia, hundreds of unique GIS Day events are taking place across the globe. Visit the GIS Day website to register your event or to find a shindig near you. Need help promoting your celebration or entertaining your guests? Not to worry, Esri has a list of free resources on their website.
- Discover, learn, and be inspired by maps: It has been said that a good cartographer is both a scientist and an artist—here are some favorite maps created with ArcGIS that prove that point. Trust us, they aren't what you'd expect: Global Air Traffic as Data Art, Pitch Perfect, (Is there) Life on Mars?, Job Accessibility.
- Celebrate and share best practices: Head on over to Cartegraph Campus to read and share some of the innovative ways our customers have powered their operations with GIS. Some of our favorites are: How We Work: Cobb County, GA DOT, How Lancaster, OH is Leveraging Cartegraph and ArcGIS in Unique Ways, How We Work: Multnomah County, OR, and How Maple Grove, MN is using Cartegraph and ArcGIS to Build Data With Integrity.
Feeling inspired and want help taking your GIS solutions to the next level? Remember, our Cartegraph experts are always here to help. Learn more about our GIS data review, ArcGIS Online configuration, web map authoring, Collector for ArcGIS, and Esri’s Operations Dashboard support and services now.
- Get social: Be sure to follow, like, explore, and share GIS Day on Twitter and Facebook. Join these communities to network with fellow GIS users, showcase how your organization is using GIS, and share photos from your celebration with #GISDay.
- Create your own story map: We know you're doing some incredible things with GIS—show off that hard work and ingenuity to the rest of the world! Engage and inspire others by creating your own Esri Story Map. Here are some local government, state and regional government, national government, and utility examples to get your creativity flowing.
Stop missing valuable content: sign up for the Cartegraph newsletter now!