How Hosted Deployment Saves Your Organization Time, Money, and Effort
Your organization is excited to use Cartegraph’s Operations Management System (OMS) to manage assets, deploy resources, and spend money smarter. But, which deployment option are you going to use: on-premise at your facilities or hosted through Cartegraph?
Here are five reasons why a hosted deployment is probably your best option:
- Convenience: Your organization will have no hardware requirements or on-site equipment to purchase, manage, and maintain. All you do is sit down at your computer, sign in to the Cartegraph OMS, and start working. It’s that simple.
- Security: In a world of ransomware and spear-phishing, having confidence in your data security is a must. Cartegraph utilizes Amazon Web Services (AWS)—the top data center infrastructure in the nation—to host our Cartegraph cloud, and we follow a meticulous set of protocols to protect your data while ensuring a fluid connection between your authorized users and our products. In addition to monitoring, testing, and implementing the latest security patches, we have full and incremental backups for ultimate protection. (Click here to get more into the nitty-gritty.) Moreover, in the event of a serious issue or disaster, we will assess the issue, dedicate our resources to quickly resolving it, and provide you with regular updates along the way.
- Staff: Do you currently have a small IT staff or use a contractor? If so, Cartegraph’s hosted deployment is a perfect solution for your organization—all the worry is eliminated without having to restructure or add to your team. Even if your organization has a robust IT department in place, more servers and additional tech support needed for occasional upgrades and maintenance may overburden your already busy tech professionals. With a hosted solution, your IT staff doesn’t have to do any additional work and you won’t need to hire more staff to keep up.
- Upgrades: Having Cartegraph host your data means you will always be using the latest and greatest version of our software, without having to bug anyone in your organization to make it happen. You will simply receive an email notifying you when an upgrade will occur, and you will see the update in Cartegraph as soon as it has been completed. Pretty neat, huh?
- Cost: Based on our comparison, hosting through Cartegraph costs about 60 percent less than an on-premise deployment. After all, less staff is needed to purchase, maintain, and manage expensive servers. Less energy is used to cool and maintain the proper humidity in server rooms. Less hardware is needed on site, freeing up your office space. On top of that, you don’t need to worry about housing the backup generators and fuel necessary to run your operations in the event of an outage.
After taking all these factors into account, it’s easy to see why having a hosted deployment of Cartegraph’s Operations Management System makes a lot of sense for your organization. Have any questions or want to learn more? Contact your Cartegraph account representative today.
Want to keep up with what is happening at Cartegraph? Sign up for the newsletter today!